How to unprotect multiple worksheets at once in Excel?
If you have a workbook contains multiple protected worksheets with the same password, and now you need to unprotect them for modifying some information. Maybe, you can unprotect the sheets one by one with Unprotect Sheet in Excel, but this will waste a lot of time when there are multiple sheets need to be unprotected. Here, I will introduce you some quick ways to unprotect multiple protected sheets.
If you are good at VBA code, the following code may be help you quickly to unprotect multiple sheets at once.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
Sub unprotect_all_sheets() On Error Goto booboo unpass = InputBox("Please enter the password:") For Each Worksheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets Worksheet.Unprotect Password:=unpass Next Exit Sub booboo: MsgBox "There is s problem - check your password, capslock, etc." End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run the code, and enter the password that you have applied for the protected sheets. (the protected sheets must have the same password)See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and the protected sheets have been unprotected at once.
Kutools for Excel’s Unprotect Worksheet is a handy tool which can help you quickly to unprotect multiple sheets with the same password at once.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Click Kutools Plus > Unprotect Worksheet, see screenshot:
2. In the Unprotect Worksheet dialog box, the protected sheets will be listed in the Worksheet list box, then check the sheet names that you want to unprotect, and click OK, then input the password that you have applied for the protected sheets (the protected sheets must have the same password) in the popped out dialog box, see screenshot:
3. And then click OK, a prompt box will remind you how many sheets have been unprotected. Then click OK, all the selected sheets have been unprotected in your workbook. See screenshot:
Tips: To protect all of the worksheets within your workbook at once, you just need to apply Protect Worksheet of Kutools for Excel as following screenshot shown: