- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoHello, Paulo,
Sorry for this, the Enterprise tab has been renamed as Kutools Plus, you can find the Unprotect Worksheet from the Kutools Plus tab, please check the below screenshot:
How to unprotect multiple worksheets at once in Excel?
If you have a workbook contains multiple protected worksheets with the same password, and now you need to unprotect them for modifying some information. Maybe, you can unprotect the sheets one by one with Unprotect Sheet in Excel, but this will waste a lot of time when there are multiple sheets need to be unprotected. Here, I will introduce you some quick ways to unprotect multiple protected sheets.
Uprotect multiple worksheets with same password at once:
Kutools for Excel's Unprotect Worksheet utility can help you to unprotect multiple worksheets in a workbook quickly with one click.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
If you are good at VBA code, the following code may be help you quickly to unprotect multiple sheets at once.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
Sub unprotect_all_sheets() On Error Goto booboo unpass = InputBox("password") For Each Worksheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets Worksheet.Unprotect Password:=unpass Next Exit Sub booboo: MsgBox "There is s problem - check your password, capslock, etc." End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run the code, and enter the password that you have applied for the protected sheets. (the protected sheets must have the same password)See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and the protected sheets have been unprotected at once.
Kutools for Excel’s Unprotect Worksheet is a handy tool which can help you quickly to unprotect multiple sheets with the same password at once.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Click Enterprise > Unprotect Worksheet, see screenshot:
2. In the Unprotect Worksheet dialog box, the protected sheets will be listed in the Worksheet list box, then check the sheet names that you want to unprotect, and click OK, then input the password that you have applied for the protected sheets (the protected sheets must have the same password) in the popped out dialog box, see screenshot:
3. And then click OK, a prompt box will remind you how many sheets have been unprotected. Then click OK, all the selected sheets have been unprotected in your workbook. See screenshot:
Tips: To protect all of the worksheets within your workbook at once, you just need to apply Protect Worksheet of Kutools for Excel as following screenshot shown:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoI just installed it, but I don't see the "Enterprise" tab on the menu. I wanted to test the feature to unprotect multiple sheets at once, but can't find that feature anywhere. The options I have on my menu are Kutools and Kutools Plus, but not Enterprise. What am I missing?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoWhen you say "Unprotect multiple sheets at once with Kutools", does it actually do it at once, in parallel, or does it still do it sequentially? (Does this provide a speed improvement over doing it sequentially?) thank you
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoIs it possible to lock sheets, but retain the ability to add rows and use filters.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoworked !!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoHello Sir,
unprotect multiple sheets at once is very useful for me. thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoI downloaded the kutools (trial version) and installed it as an administrator. I opened a workbook that had 12 worksheets that were protected with same password. Ran the unprotect utility and followed instructions. it said that all Sucessfully unprotected 12 sheets. when I tried to edit them it said the worksheet is password proctected. It did not work. I am not doing something correctly.