How to select all unlocked cells in Excel?
As far as we all know, excel cells are locked by default, when we protect worksheet and need to modify some specific cell values, we need to unlock the cells first. But how could you find and select all the unlocked cells if you want to do some changing?
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
The following VBA code can help you quickly to select all the unlocked cells at once, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module window.
VBA code: select all unlocked cells
Sub SelectUnlockedCells() 'Update 20130830 Dim WorkRng As Range Dim OutRng As Range Dim Rng As Range On Error Resume Next Set WorkRng = Application.ActiveSheet.UsedRange Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each Rng In WorkRng If Rng.Locked = False Then If OutRng.Count = 0 Then Set OutRng = Rng Else Set OutRng = Union(OutRng, Rng) End If End If Next If OutRng.Count > 0 Then OutRng.Select Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and all the unlocked cells have been selected. Then you can modify these cell values after the worksheet is protected.
- 1.If there are no unlocked cells in your worksheet, this code will not take effect.
- 2. This VBA code is only applied for the used range
If you are not familiar with VBA code, you can also select all the unlocked cells with a click by using this Select Unlocked Cells of Kutools for Excel.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Select the range or the whole worksheet that you want to select the unlocked range of cells.
2. Click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Unlocked Cells, see screenshot:
3. And then all the unlocked cells in your selection have been selected at once as following screenshot shown:
If you want to know more about this feature, please click Select Unlocked Cells.