How to shrink text to fit a cell in Excel?
If there are many texts in a cell, and you do not want to change the size of the cell, so you only can shrink the texts to fit the cell. Now I tell you how to quickly shrink text to fit cell in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
There is a Shrink feature to shrink text in Excel
1. Select the cell with texts that are too long to fully display, and right-click to select FormatCells. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, click Alignment tab, and check Shrink to fit. See screenshot:
3. Then click OK to close the dialog box. And now you can see the text is shrank to fit the cell.
If you are used to using VBA, you can do as follow:
1. Select a cell of the column you want to select and press Alt + F11 to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the pop-up window, click Insert > Module, then paste the following VBA code into the module.
VBA: Shrink text to fit cell
Sub test() Range("A1").ShrinkToFit = True End Sub
3. Click Run button, and then the text in cell A1 is shank to fit cell.
Tip: A1 in the above VBA is the cell you want to shrink the text in.