How to resize row height or column width to fit text in Excel?
You may often have such a problem that the cell is too small to show all the text in Excel. Now I will tell you how to resize the cell to fit your text in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If your data is so long for the cell, you need to resize the column width of the cell.
Select the cell and click Home > Format > AutoFit Column Width. See screenshot:
Now you can see the cell is resized to fit the text.
If you want to resize the row height, you can click Home > Format > AutoFit Row Height.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 24 days agoThis is excellent. I've been looking for something like this for a long time.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoFantastic! Thanks a lot and I wish for you and your family to be healthy in these times.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoSince my Excel typically have (1) long text that takes multiple wraps to display in a single cell, and (2) multiple line text created using Alt-Enter and also wrap, the way I use to resize row width takes several steps. (1) change the column to text mode (2) turn off wrap on the entire column (3) turn wrap back on (4) double click the small line between two row numbers on the left, e.g. between the "2" and the "3" Excel row numbers.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoMaybe a faster solution is to double click the small space between the column headers "A" and "B" to auto fit the column width. Same works for the column height.