Any help much appreciate - code or link.
When you insert multiple radio buttons in your worksheet, and you just can select only one of them in a worksheet. That’s because radio buttons are not designed to allow multiple selections. But if you want to insert multiple sets of option buttons and need to check one button from each group as following screenshots shown. How could you do in Excel?
|Form Controls of group radio buttons||ActiveX Controls of group radio buttons|
If you want to insert some Form Controls radio buttons and group them, you can draw some Group Boxes first and then insert the radio buttons into them. You can deal with it as following steps:
1. Go to the Developer tab, and click Group Box under Insert, see screenshot:
2. Then drag and draw some group boxes as you need, see screenshot:
3. And then you can replace the group box name by selecting it and typing a new name.
4. Then you can insert the option buttons into the group boxes, please click Developer > Insert > Option Button(Form Control) and draw some radio buttons into the group boxes, see screenshots:
5. After inserting the option buttons into the group boxes, you can change the name of the option buttons, right click one option button and choose Edit Text from the context menu, then enter your own option name as you need. Repeat this step to change all of the option buttons manually. See screenshots:
And all your option buttons in one group box are treated as a group, and the option buttons can be selected from each group.
Except the Form Controls radio buttons, there is another type of radio button in Excel, it is ActiveX Controls radio button, and you can group this type radio button as following tutorial:
1. Insert the ActiveX Controls option buttons by clicking Developer > Insert > Option Button (ActiveX Control), see screenshot:
2. And then drag and draw the option button one by one as you need.
3. Then you can change the option button name by right clicking it, and choose OptionButton Object > Edit, type the option name as you need. Repeating this step to change the option button names one by one, see screenshots:
4. After renaming the option button, you need to give a group name for the group radio buttons. Select your first radio button of your first group, and right click it, then click Properties from the context menu.
5. In the Properties dialog, specify a name for the GroupName property under the Alphabetic tab, and then close the dialog.
6. Now, select the second button from the first group, and then enter the same name for GroupName that you used in the first button. And then, repeat this operation for all the left buttons in the first group.
7. Then you can apply the same operation to give a name for the second group of all radio buttons, but you must enter a different name for distinguishing with the first group name.
8. Then exit the Design Mode by clicking Developer > Design Mode, and now your radio buttons have been grouped as following screenshot shown:
If you want to insert multiple radio buttons in a range of cells in a minute, Kutools for Excel’s Batch Insert Option Buttons feature may help you to deal with this task.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the range of cells where you want to insert option buttons.
2. Then click kutools > Insert > Batch Insert Option Buttons, see screenshot:
3. And then the selected cells have been filled with the option buttons, see screenshot:
Note: You can also insert the radio buttons before the values within the same cells as following screenshot shown: