How to delete all comments in a worksheet/workbook?
In general, most of users know how to remove one comment in Excel, but when you have a worksheet or workbook with multipel comments, do you know the way to mass remove all of the comments? Now I tell you some quick ways to remove all comments from a worksheet or a whole workbook.
You can use shortcut to select all comments in a worksheet and then delete them.
1. Open the worksheet you want to remove all comments and press Ctrl + A to select the whole sheet.
2. Then click Review > Delete, then all the comments in the current worksheet are removed. See screenshot:
In Excel, if you want to delete all comments in a worksheet, you can do these:
1. Press F5 to show the Go To dialog, and click Special… to open Go To Special dialog, then check Comments and click OK to close the dialog. See screenshots:
2. Then right click to open context menu and click Delete Comment, and now, all the comments in current worksheet are removed.
There is also VBA can help you to delete comments from a worksheet or a whole workbook.
1. Press Alt + F11 to display the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the window, click Insert > Module to show a new module window, then copy the following VBA code into the module window.
VBA: Delete comments from a worksheet.
Sub Remove_All_Comments_From_Worksheet() Cells.ClearComments End Sub
VBA: Delete all comments from the whole workbook
Sub DeleteAllComments() 'Updateby20140613 For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Sheets For Each xComment In xWs.Comments xComment.Delete Next Next End Sub
3. Click Run button to run the code, and you can see all the comments are removed from the current worksheet or the whole workbook.
When you have inserted multiple comments in workbook, and you may proberbly to drag the comments as below screenshot shown. And now you want to reset the comments’ locations back, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Reset Comment Position to quickly reset them.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Click Kutools > More > Reset Comment Position. See screenshot:
Then choose Active sheet to reset comments position in active sheet, or All sheets to reset all comments position of the whole workbook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agohoe doe ik dit in een vooraf geselecteerd bereik
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI've lost all my comments! They've just disappeared - I don't know how... Can I restore them?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agohow do I delete only ONE comment?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoDelete one comment, just select the cell you want to delete its comment, right click to select Delete Comment from the context menu.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agogreat, worked.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoOr to delete all comments on a page simply pick one cell with a comment, select delete comment, then highlight the whole page and press ctr+Y to repeat.