How to delete all comments in a worksheet/workbook?
In general, most of users know how to remove one comment in Excel, but when you have a worksheet or workbook with multipel comments, do you know the way to mass remove all of the comments? Now I tell you some quick ways to remove all comments from a worksheet or a whole workbook.
Quickly remove special characters(numeric/alpha) from cells in Excel
|Just several clicks with Remove Characters utilty of Kutools for Excel, the special characters will be removed from cells at once.
Click for free trial in 30 days!
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can use shortcut to select all comments in a worksheet and then delete them.
1. Open the worksheet you want to remove all comments and press Ctrl + A to select the whole sheet.
2. Then click Review > Delete, then all the comments in the current worksheet are removed. See screenshot:
In Excel, if you want to delete all comments in a worksheet, you can do these:
1. Press F5 to show the Go To dialog, and click Special… to open Go To Special dialog, then check Comments and click OK to close the dialog. See screenshots:
2. Then right click to open context menu and click Delete Comment, and now, all the comments in current worksheet are removed.
There is also VBA can help you to delete comments from a worksheet or a whole workbook.
1. Press Alt + F11 to display the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the window, click Insert > Module to show a new module window, then copy the following VBA code into the module window.
VBA: Delete comments from a worksheet.
Sub Remove_All_Comments_From_Worksheet() Cells.ClearComments End Sub
VBA: Delete all comments from the whole workbook
Sub DeleteAllComments() 'Updateby20140613 For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Sheets For Each xComment In xWs.Comments xComment.Delete Next Next End Sub
3. Click Run button to run the code, and you can see all the comments are removed from the current worksheet or the whole workbook.
When you have inserted multiple comments in workbook, and you may proberbly to drag the comments as below screenshot shown. And now you want to reset the comments’ locations back, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Reset Comment Position to quickly reset them.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Click Kutools > More > Reset Comment Position. See screenshot:
Then choose Active sheet to reset comments position in active sheet, or All sheets to reset all comments position of the whole workbook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoI've lost all my comments! They've just disappeared - I don't know how... Can I restore them?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agogreat, worked.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoOr to delete all comments on a page simply pick one cell with a comment, select delete comment, then highlight the whole page and press ctr+Y to repeat.