How to delete all comments in a worksheet/workbook?
In general, most of users know how to remove one comment in Excel, but when you have a worksheet or workbook with multipel comments, do you know the way to mass remove all of the comments? Now I tell you some quick ways to remove all comments from a worksheet or a whole workbook.
You can use shortcut to select all comments in a worksheet and then delete them.
1. Open the worksheet you want to remove all comments and press Ctrl + A to select the whole sheet.
2. Then click Review > Delete, then all the comments in the current worksheet are removed. See screenshot:
In Excel, if you want to delete all comments in a worksheet, you can do these:
1. Press F5 to show the Go To dialog, and click Special… to open Go To Special dialog, then check Comments and click OK to close the dialog. See screenshots:
2. Then right click to open context menu and click Delete Comment, and now, all the comments in current worksheet are removed.
There is also VBA can help you to delete comments from a worksheet or a whole workbook.
1. Press Alt + F11 to display the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the window, click Insert > Module to show a new module window, then copy the following VBA code into the module window.
VBA: Delete comments from a worksheet.
Sub Remove_All_Comments_From_Worksheet() Cells.ClearComments End Sub
VBA: Delete all comments from the whole workbook
Sub DeleteAllComments() 'Updateby20140613 For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Sheets For Each xComment In xWs.Comments xComment.Delete Next Next End Sub
3. Click Run button to run the code, and you can see all the comments are removed from the current worksheet or the whole workbook.
When you have inserted multiple comments in workbook, and you may proberbly to drag the comments as below screenshot shown. And now you want to reset the comments’ locations back, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Reset Comment Position to quickly reset them.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Click Kutools > More > Reset Comment Position. See screenshot:
Then choose Active sheet to reset comments position in active sheet, or All sheets to reset all comments position of the whole workbook.
|Kutools for Excel: 300+ functions you must have in Excel, 30-day free trial from here|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!