How to show file path in title bar or toolbar in Excel?
By default, when you open a workbook, the workbook name is display in the title bar. But sometimes, you want to display the full path in the tile bar or toolbar in your Excel file. Have ever tried to deal with this problem by yourself? Today, I can introduce you some quick tricks to show full file path in the title bar or toolbar in a workbook.
In Excel, there is no direct way for you to display the full path in title bar, but you can apply the following simple VBA code, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code：display full path in title bar
Sub showCaption() ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveWorkbook.FullName End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and the full file path is displayed in the title bar at once. See screenshot:
Note: When you rename the workbook, the path will not automatically updated, you need to rerun this code to update the path of the Excel file.
If you want to show the full path in the toolbar of your workbook, you can finish it with following steps:
1. Go to click Customize Quick Access Toolbar > More Commands, see screenshot:
2. In the Excel Options dialog, choose All Commands from the Choose commands from drop down list, and scroll down to Document Location and then click Add >> button to add this option to the Customize Quick Access Toolbar list box, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK to close this dialog, and the full file path has been displayed in the toolbar, see screenshot:
Note: This method cannot update automatically when the file is renamed, either.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!