How to show file path in title bar or toolbar in Excel?
By default, when you open a workbook, the workbook name is display in the title bar. But sometimes, you want to display the full path in the tile bar or toolbar in your Excel file. Have ever tried to deal with this problem by yourself? Today, I can introduce you some quick tricks to show full file path in the title bar or toolbar in a workbook.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2021 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, there is no direct way for you to display the full path in title bar, but you can apply the following simple VBA code, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code：display full path in title bar
Sub showCaption() ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveWorkbook.FullName End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and the full file path is displayed in the title bar at once. See screenshot:
Note: When you rename the workbook, the path will not automatically updated, you need to rerun this code to update the path of the Excel file.
If you want to show the full path in the toolbar of your workbook, you can finish it with following steps:
1. Go to click Customize Quick Access Toolbar > More Commands, see screenshot:
2. In the Excel Options dialog, choose All Commands from the Choose commands from drop down list, and scroll down to Document Location and then click Add >> button to add this option to the Customize Quick Access Toolbar list box, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK to close this dialog, and the full file path has been displayed in the toolbar, see screenshot:
Note: This method cannot update automatically when the file is renamed, either.