How to convert zero to blank in selected range in Excel?
Have you ever tried to convert the zero cells to blank cells in Excel? Now I tell you some quick ways to batch convert the zero cell to blank cells in Excel.
Find and Replace function is very useful in Excel, you can use it to find all zero cells first, and then replace it with blank.
1. Press Ctrl + F to display Find and Replace dialog.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog, click Replace tab, and type 0 into Find what text box, a space into Replace with dialog, then click Options to expand the dialog and check Match entire cell contents. See screenshots:
3. Then click Replace All, and a dialog pops out tell you how many cells have been replaced. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. And you can see the zero cells have been replaced with blank.
5. Click the Close button to exit the Find and Replace dialog.
If you are familiar to VBA, you can use below VBA code to convert zero to blank cell.
1. Press Alt + F11 to open a Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
2. Click Insert > Module to open a Module window, then copy the following VBA to the window.
VBA: Convert zero cells to blank.
Sub ChangeZero() 'Updateby20140708 Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) For Each Rng In WorkRng If Rng.Value = 0 Then Rng.Value = "" End If Next End Sub
3. Click Run button or F5 key on the keyboard to run this code, and a KutoolsforExcel dialog pops out for selecting a range to replace the zero cells. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and all zero cells in the selection are converted to blank cells.
The Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can help you to select all cells with zero in a selected range. After selecting all cells with zero, you can delete them with pressing the Delete key. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Please select the range with zero cells you want to convert to blank. And then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select Cell in the Selection type section, and then select Equals from the drop-down list in the Specific type section, enter 0 into the following box. Finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Then all cells with zero are selected immediately, please press the Delete key on the keyboard to clear all selected cells. You can see all zero are converted to blank as below screenshot shown.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!