How to convert zero to blank in selected range in Excel?
Have you ever tried to convert the zero cells to blank cells in Excel? Now I tell you some quick ways to batch convert the zero cell to blank cells in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Find and Replace function is very useful in Excel, you can use it to find all zero cells first, and then replace it with blank.
1. Press Ctrl + F to display Find and Replace dialog.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog, click Replace tab, and type 0 into Find what text box, a space into Replace with dialog, then click Options to expand the dialog and check Match entire cell contents. See screenshots:
3. Then click Replace All, and a dialog pops out tell you how many cells have been replaced. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. And you can see the zero cells have been replaced with blank.
5. Click the Close button to exit the Find and Replace dialog.
If you are familiar to VBA, you can use below VBA code to convert zero to blank cell.
1. Press Alt + F11 to open a Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
2. Click Insert > Module to open a Module window, then copy the following VBA to the window.
VBA: Convert zero cells to blank.
Sub ChangeZero() 'Updateby20140708 Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) For Each Rng In WorkRng If Rng.Value = 0 Then Rng.Value = "" End If Next End Sub
3. Click Run button or F5 key on the keyboard to run this code, and a KutoolsforExcel dialog pops out for selecting a range to replace the zero cells. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and all zero cells in the selection are converted to blank cells.
The Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can help you to select all cells with zero in a selected range. After selecting all cells with zero, you can delete them with pressing the Delete key. Please do as follows.
1. Please select the range with zero cells you want to convert to blank. And then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select Cell in the Selection type section, and then select Equals from the drop-down list in the Specific type section, enter 0 into the following box. Finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Then all cells with zero are selected immediately, please press the Delete key on the keyboard to clear all selected cells. You can see all zero are converted to blank as below screenshot shown.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!