How to get end of month date in Excel?
Maybe to get the end date of a month is easy for you, but if there are multiple date data in Excel, how can you quickly get all of each month’s end date at once? Now I introduce some quick tricks for you to solve this problem in Excel.
Use a formula to find the end date of each month may be very easy for every Excel user.
Select a cell next to the date data, and then type this formula =DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+1,0) (A2 is the cell you want to get the end of month date from) into it, and press Enter key on the keyboard, and then drag the auto fill to the range you need to apply this formula. Now each month’s end date is showed in the cells. See screenshots:
Also, you can use this formula =EOMONTH(A2,0) to get the month’s end date. (You need to format the result cells as Date format before entering this formula.)
Tip: In Excel 2003 or lower version, if you want to use the formula =EOMONTH(A2,0), you need to install Analysis Toolpak by clicking Tools > Add-Ins first. See screenshots:
If you are familiar with VBA, you can use the below VBA code to find month’s end date.
1. Press F11 + Alt keys together on the keyboard to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Then click Insert > Module to insert a new module window. And then copy the follow VBA code to the window.
VBA: Get end of month date.
Function LastDayInMonth(Optional pDate As Date = 0) As Date 'Updateby20140723 If pDate = 0 Then pDate = VBA.Date LastDayInMonth = VBA.DateSerial(VBA.Year(pDate), VBA.Month(pDate) + 1, 0) End Function
3. Save and close the window. Then select a cell and type this formula =LastDayInMonth(A2) (A2 contains the date you want to get the end of month date from), then press Enter key and you will get the month’s end date.
Note: This VBA also requires you to format the result cells as Date format before entering this formula of =LastDayInMonth(A2).
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!