How to get end of month date in Excel?
Maybe to get the end date of a month is easy for you, but if there are multiple date data in Excel, how can you quickly get all of each month’s end date at once? Now I introduce some quick tricks for you to solve this problem in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Use a formula to find the end date of each month may be very easy for every Excel user.
Select a cell next to the date data, and then type this formula =DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+1,0) (A2 is the cell you want to get the end of month date from) into it, and press Enter key on the keyboard, and then drag the auto fill to the range you need to apply this formula. Now each month’s end date is showed in the cells. See screenshots:
Also, you can use this formula =EOMONTH(A2,0) to get the month’s end date. (You need to format the result cells as Date format before entering this formula.)
Tip: In Excel 2003 or lower version, if you want to use the formula =EOMONTH(A2,0), you need to install Analysis Toolpak by clicking Tools > Add-Ins first. See screenshots:
If you are familiar with VBA, you can use the below VBA code to find month’s end date.
1. Press F11 + Alt keys together on the keyboard to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Then click Insert > Module to insert a new module window. And then copy the follow VBA code to the window.
VBA: Get end of month date.
Function LastDayInMonth(Optional pDate As Date = 0) As Date 'Updateby20140723 If pDate = 0 Then pDate = VBA.Date LastDayInMonth = VBA.DateSerial(VBA.Year(pDate), VBA.Month(pDate) + 1, 0) End Function
3. Save and close the window. Then select a cell and type this formula =LastDayInMonth(A2) (A2 contains the date you want to get the end of month date from), then press Enter key and you will get the month’s end date.
Note: This VBA also requires you to format the result cells as Date format before entering this formula of =LastDayInMonth(A2).