How to add new worksheet with current date in Excel?
Some of financial and sales persons may require to insert new worksheet with current date every day for the statistics of daily work. If you insert a new worksheet and then rename it manually, it will be cumbersome. Today, I will introduce you some quick tricks to deal with this problem.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words...
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum...
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns...
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Create Mailing List and Send Emails by Cell's Value...
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following VBA code will help you to insert a new worksheet with the current date when you run the code every day.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module window.
VBA code: Add a new worksheet with current date
Sub AddSheets_TodayDate() 'Updateby20140717 Dim szTodayDate As String szTodayDate = Format(Date, "mmm-dd-yyyy") On Error GoTo MakeSheet Sheets(szTodayDate).Activate Exit Sub MakeSheet: Sheets.Add , Worksheets(Worksheets.Count) ActiveSheet.Name = szTodayDate End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and a new sheet with today’s date has been inserted after existing worksheets. See screenshot:
Note: When you save and close this workbook, please save it as Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook format by clicking File > Save As. And when you launch the workbook next day, make sure click Enable content, so that you can run the code successfully to add new date worksheet.
The above code can help you insert only one worksheet with current day date at a time, if you want to insert multiple worksheets with sequential date, this utility Create Sequence Worksheets of Kutools for Excel will do you a favor.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. In a blank cell, please enter today’ date, and then drag the fill handle to fill the cells with the date sequence as you need.
2. Then click Enterprise > Worksheet Tools > Create Sequence Worksheets, see screenshot:
3. In the Create Sequence Worksheets dialog box, specify a worksheet that you want the new sheets based on from Base Worksheet drop down list. And then select Data in a range option under Sheet names based on section to select a data range that you want to use as the sheet names. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK, and a new workbook will be created with the sheet names are date sequence. See screenshot: