How to add new worksheet with current date in Excel?
Some of financial and sales persons may require to insert new worksheet with current date every day for the statistics of daily work. If you insert a new worksheet and then rename it manually, it will be cumbersome. Today, I will introduce you some quick tricks to deal with this problem.
The following VBA code will help you to insert a new worksheet with the current date when you run the code every day.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module window.
VBA code: Add a new worksheet with current date
Sub AddSheets_TodayDate() 'Updateby20140717 Dim szTodayDate As String szTodayDate = Format(Date, "mmm-dd-yyyy") On Error GoTo MakeSheet Sheets(szTodayDate).Activate Exit Sub MakeSheet: Sheets.Add , Worksheets(Worksheets.Count) ActiveSheet.Name = szTodayDate End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and a new sheet with today’s date has been inserted after existing worksheets. See screenshot:
Note: When you save and close this workbook, please save it as Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook format by clicking File > Save As. And when you launch the workbook next day, make sure click Enable content, so that you can run the code successfully to add new date worksheet.
The above code can help you insert only one worksheet with current day date at a time, if you want to insert multiple worksheets with sequential date, this utility Create Sequence Worksheets of Kutools for Excel will do you a favor.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. In a blank cell, please enter today’ date, and then drag the fill handle to fill the cells with the date sequence as you need.
2. Then click Enterprise > Worksheet Tools > Create Sequence Worksheets, see screenshot:
3. In the Create Sequence Worksheets dialog box, specify a worksheet that you want the new sheets based on from Base Worksheet drop down list. And then select Data in a range option under Sheet names based on section to select a data range that you want to use as the sheet names. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK, and a new workbook will be created with the sheet names are date sequence. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!