How to reset all comment positions in Excel?
In a worksheet which is populated with multiple comments, sometimes, we need to adjust or move the comment box position to view the cell content behind the comment box, in this case, the comment boxes will be moved to different positions. After finishing the operation, you need to return the comment boxes to their original position, how could you reset all comment positions at once in Excel?
You can apply the following VBA code to restore all the comment boxes to their original positions at once.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Reset all comment positions in active worksheet
Sub ResetComments() 'Update 20141110 Dim pComment As Comment For Each pComment In Application.ActiveSheet.Comments pComment.Shape.Top = pComment.Parent.Top + 5 pComment.Shape.Left = pComment.Parent.Offset(0, 1).Left + 5 Next End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and all the comments positions in the active worksheet have been reset at once. See screenshots:
Here we introduce the Reset Comment Position utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can quickly reset all comment positions in active sheet or all sheets with just one click.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. If you just want to reset all comment box position in active sheet, please click Kutools > More > Reset Comment Position > Active sheet.
To reset all comment box position in all sheets of current workbook, please click Kutools > More > Reset Comment Position > All sheets. See screenshot:
After clicking Active sheet or All sheets, all comment positions in active sheet or all sheets will be reset to their original positions immediately.
- How to change comment indicator color in Excel?
- How to highlight all cells with comments in Excel?
- How to auto add date and time to comment in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!