How to create sheet template and apply it in Excel?
A worksheet template is very useful for our Excel users which can help us to save a lot of time when we need to create the same worksheet formatting over and over. After creating a worksheet template, we can quickly insert it into any workbooks repeatedly. In this article, I will talk about how to create and use a sheet template in Excel.
Please do with following steps to create a worksheet template:
1. Create a new Excel file, and remove other worksheets but leave only one worksheet.
2. Edit and format the worksheet to your need. See screenshot:
3. Then click File > Save As in Excel2007/2010, and in Excel 2013, click File > Save As > Browse. And then in the Save As dialog box, type a name for your template worksheet in the File name field, and then click drop down list from Save as type field and choose Excel Template option, see screenshot:
Tip: In the Save As dialog box, you needn’t change the file path, the new file will be saved to the Template folder by default.
4. And click Save button to save this template worksheet.
5. After creating the worksheet template, and now, open an Excel file, right click the worksheet tab and select Insert, see screenshot:
6. And in the pop out Insert dialog box, select the sheet template that you are created under General tab, see screenshot:
7. Finally, click OK button, and your worksheet template is inserted into the workbook quickly.
Note: If you want to remove the worksheet template, you just need to select the template sheet in the Insert dialog, and right click, then choose Delete, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!