How to average range with rounding in Excel?
Usually we can easily calculate the average of specific range with the AVERAGE function in Excel. However, the average may contains multiple decimal places as left screen shot shown. Sometimes you may want to keep the same decimal places as original numbers, or just remove the decimal places. Here I will introduce several formulas to average range with rounding in Excel.
Actually we can change any numbers' decimal places with the Increase Decimal command or Decrease command in Excel easily.
1. Select a blank cell, for example Cell C3, enter the formula =AVERAGE(A1:A7) (A1:A7 is the range you want to calculate average) into it, and press the Enter key.
2. Select the cell with the average you just calculated (Cell C3 in our case), and then click the Increase Decimal button or Decrease Decimal button on the Home tab to round the average.
You can also combine the Round function and Average function to average a range with rounding in Excel.
Select a blank cell, for example Cell C3, enter the formula of =ROUND(AVERAGE(A1:A7),1) into it, and press the Enter key.
(1) In the formula =ROUND(AVERAGE(A1:A7),1), the A1:A7 is the range you want to calculate the average, and 1 means you want to round the average to only one decimal place, and you can change them based on your needs.
(2) For rounding up the average, please apply this formula =ROUNDUP(AVERAGE(A1:A7),1) .
(3)For rounding down the average, please apply this formula =ROUNDDOWN(AVERAGE(A1:A7),1).
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!