- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSorry I did not found the solution about that.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoi've tried with a scatter plot graph as well, but only get one line of valor.
i need so much to find a way to extract data from scatterplot graphs.
How to extract data from chart or graph in Excel?
Extract data from chart with VBA
1. You need to create a new worksheet and rename it as ChartData. See screenshot:
2. Then select the chart you want to extract data from and press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously, and a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window pops.
3. Click Insert > Module, then paste below VBA code to the popping Module window.
VBA: Extract data from chart.
Sub GetChartValues() 'Updateby20150203 Dim xNum As Integer Dim xSeries As Object xCount = 2 xNum = UBound(Application.ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values) Application.Worksheets("ChartData").Cells(1, 1) = "X Values" With Application.Worksheets("ChartData") .Range(.Cells(2, 1), _ .Cells(xNum + 1, 1)) = _ Application.Transpose(ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues) End With For Each xSeries In Application.ActiveChart.SeriesCollection Application.Worksheets("ChartData").Cells(1, xCount) = xSeries.Name With Application.Worksheets("ChartData") .Range(.Cells(2, xCount), _ .Cells(xNum + 1, xCount)) = _ Application.WorksheetFunction.Transpose(xSeries.Values) End With xCount = xCount + 1 Next End Sub
4. Then click Run button to run the VBA. See screenshot:
Then you can see the data is extracted to ChartData sheet.
1. You can format the cells as you need.
2. The data of the selected chart is extracted to the first cell of the ChartData sheet in default.
Tip: If you usually use complex charts in Excel, which will be troublesome as you create them very time, here with the Auto Text tool of Kutools for Excel, you just need to create the charts at first time, then add the charts in the AutoText pane, then, you can reuse them in anywhere anytime, what you only need to do is change the references to match your real need. Click for free download it now.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThis doesn't appear to work for a scatter plot as it only extracts one set of "x" data. How can I amend it to extract all "x" data sets?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI failed to get the prices of a fund chart on my mac excel 2011 . Run time error '91' object variable or block variable not set . Don't know how to debug . Appreciate any help .
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoVery useful and perfect
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agogives me values that i created chart with not all the values in range
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoAmazing command, thanks a lot!
I used it with a pivot chart and it works!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThank you. This was really helpful!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoGood day, i seem to run into a Run-tome error '-2147467259 (80004005)'
Method 'XValues' of object 'series failed'