How to paste values to visible/filtered cells only in Excel?
In Excel, if you have filtered data or hidden some cells, and when you paste values into the filtered or hidden range, the hidden cells will be also filled with pasted values. Here I will tell you some tricks to paste values to visible cells only in Excel.
In Excel, there is no other ways to solve this problem except VBA.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously, and a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window pops.
2. Click Insert > Module, then paste below VBA code to the popping Module window.
VBA: Paste values to visible cells only.
Sub CopyFilteredCells() 'Updateby20150203 Dim rng1 As Range Dim rng2 As Range Dim InputRng As Range Dim OutRng As Range xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set InputRng = Application.Selection Set InputRng = Application.InputBox("Copy Range :", xTitleId, InputRng.Address, Type: = 8) Set OutRng = Application.InputBox("Paste Range:", xTitleId, Type: = 8) For Each rng1 In InputRng rng1.Copy For Each rng2 In OutRng If rng2.EntireRow.RowHeight > 0 Then rng2.PasteSpecial Set OutRng = rng2.Offset(1).Resize(OutRng.Rows.Count) Exit For End If Next Next Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub
3. Click F5 key or the Run button, then a dialog is popping out for you to select values to copy. See screenshot:
4. After selecting values, click OK, then another dialog pops out to select a range to paste the selected data. See screenshot:
5. Click OK. You can see only the visible cells are pasted the selected values.
Actually, if you use Paste to Visible Range utility of Kutools for Excel – a handy Excel tool, you can quickly and easily solve the problem of pasting values to visible range.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select a range of values you want to copy and paste, then click Kutools > Range > Paste to Visible Range > All or Only Paste Values. See screenshot:
2. Then a Paste to Visible Range dialog pops out, and select the range you want to paste the values. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now the selected values are pasted into the visible range only.
|Paste only values to visible cells||Paste all to visible cells|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!