How to find the date of previous Sunday in Excel?
Sometimes, when you work on an Excel worksheet, you want to get the date of the most recent Sunday past from a given date. Let’s say, you have a date 2015/2/6, and now, you want to get the previous Sunday 2015/2/1. How could you deal with this task in Excel?
With the following simple formula, you can quickly get the date of the recent Sunday past from the given date. Please do as follows:
1. Type this formula: =INT((A2-1)/7)*7+1 into a blank cell besides your given date, (A2 is the cell which has the date that you want to use), see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle over to the cells that you want to fill this formula, and you will get five-digit number as following screenshot shown:
3. And then change the cell format to date, right click and choose Format Cells from the context menu, then in the popped out Format Cells dialog, under the Number tab, click Date from the left Category pane, and then choose one date format you need from the Type list box, see screenshot:
4. After specifying the date format, click OK to close the dialog, and you can see the numbers have been converted to date format:
Note: With this formula, if the given date just is Sunday then the calculated date would be that day.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!