How to find the date of previous Sunday in Excel?
Sometimes, when you work on an Excel worksheet, you want to get the date of the most recent Sunday past from a given date. Let’s say, you have a date 2015/2/6, and now, you want to get the previous Sunday 2015/2/1. How could you deal with this task in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
With the following simple formula, you can quickly get the date of the recent Sunday past from the given date. Please do as follows:
1. Type this formula: =INT((A2-1)/7)*7+1 into a blank cell besides your given date, (A2 is the cell which has the date that you want to use), see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle over to the cells that you want to fill this formula, and you will get five-digit number as following screenshot shown:
3. And then change the cell format to date, right click and choose Format Cells from the context menu, then in the popped out Format Cells dialog, under the Number tab, click Date from the left Category pane, and then choose one date format you need from the Type list box, see screenshot:
4. After specifying the date format, click OK to close the dialog, and you can see the numbers have been converted to date format:
Note: With this formula, if the given date just is Sunday then the calculated date would be that day.