How to quickly select named range cells in Excel?
Usually in Excel, for conveniently calculating multiple ranges, we may name the ranges as different range names. And have you ever tried to auto select the relative named range when you specify a range name? Of course, you can go to Name Manager to view the range cells of the name, then go to select them manually. But if you want to save time and quickly select named range cells, here you can read this article, I will tell you the tricks to quickly solve this task in Excel.
You can use the Go To function to identify the cell range of a specific name.
Hold Ctrl and press G to open the Go To window, the select the range name you need then click OK. See screenshot:
And the specific name range is selected.
In Excel, if you want to quickly select a specific named range with its built-in function, you also can use the VBA code.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Then click Insert > Module, and copy and paste below VBA into the popping Module window.
VBA: Select a specific named range
Sub GotoName1() Application.Goto Reference: = _ ActiveWorkbook.Names("Data1").Name End Sub
3. Click Run button or press F5 key to run the VBA code, now the specific named range is selected. See screenshot:
1. In the above VBA code, ("Data1") is the range name you want to select its relative range cells, you can changed it as you need.
2. You only can select the named range of the current active workbook.
Actually, the above not automatic enough, as it need to change the range name in every time. However, here is a powerful pane called Navigation Pane, it can auto select the relative range cells as you click at the range name in the pane.
Navigation Pane is one powerful function of Kutools for Excel – a handy Excel add in. With it, you can view all the range names of current workbooks, edit them, select them, and so on.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
1. Click Kutools > Navigation. See screenshot:
Note: Normally the Navigation pane is activated and shown, and you can begin at next step directly.
2. Then you can see a small pane appears in the left of the current workbook, and click at the Name manager button in the pane to expand it. See screenshot:
3. Now you can see all range names are listing in the pane, and just need a click on the name you need from the pane, the relative named range is selected in the workbook. See screenshot:
The operations are as simple! In fact, with the Navigation Pane, you also can toggle between two sheets, quickly insert common formulas, pictures, find named range used, list all column titles and so on. And all of these just one function of Kutools for Excel! Go to free download and you would never be disappointed.
With Navigation pane you can do this:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!