How to insert same text in every other row in Excel?
In this article, we will show you how to insert same text in every other row in Excel. Please browse for more details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing you want to insert texts “Name”, “Data” and “Score” to every one row in the certain range as below screenshot shown. Please try the following VBA code.
1. In the worksheet, press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
2. Click Insert > Module. See screenshot:
3. Copy and paste below VBA code into the Code editor.
VBA code: insert same text in every one row in Excel
Sub inserttexteveryonerow() Dim Last As Integer Dim emptyRow As Integer Last = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row For emptyRow = Last To 2 Step - 1 If Not Cells(emptyRow, 1).Value = "" Then Rows(emptyRow).Resize(1).Insert Range(Cells(emptyRow, "A"), Cells(emptyRow, "C")).Value = Array("Name", "Date", "Sore") End If Next emptyRow End Sub
Notes: In the above code:
1. Your data should be started from the first row in the worksheet.
2. Please change the texts of “Name”, “Data” and “Score” to the texts you need.
3. The letter A and C indicate the cell range where you want to insert the specific text.
4. Press the F5 key to run the code. And you can see the specified texts are added in every one row in your worksheet.
With the above code, you can just insert text in every one row. How about insert text in every n row in Excel? In this section, we will show you the Insert Titles rows utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, insert text in every n row won’t be a problem anymore.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Click Kutools > Insert > Insert Titles Rows to enable this utility. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Titles Rows dialog box, you need to:
1). Select the range of the texts you want to insert to every n row in the Title range box;
2). Select the range you need to insert texts to in the Insert range box;
3). Specify the interval row number in the Interval rows box. If you want to insert text in every one row, please enter 1 in the box, and for every n row, please enter n in the box;
4). Click the OK button.
Now the specified text is inserted in every n row in the selected range.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agothanks you so much.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you so much for this VBA code and other. They have solved many of my problems, working with a huge data set!!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThank you, the code was exactly what I needed. One question, I have data that I want repeated every other row but only to specific rows then a new string of text starts that I want repeated. How to I change the code to reflect stopping the repeat at a specific row?