How to insert same text in every other row in Excel?
In this article, we will show you how to insert same text in every other row in Excel. Please browse for more details.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Supposing you want to insert texts “Name”, “Data” and “Score” to every one row in the certain range as below screenshot shown. Please try the following VBA code.
1. In the worksheet, press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
2. Click Insert > Module. See screenshot:
3. Copy and paste below VBA code into the Code editor.
VBA code: insert same text in every one row in Excel
Sub inserttexteveryonerow() Dim Last As Integer Dim emptyRow As Integer Last = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row For emptyRow = Last To 2 Step - 1 If Not Cells(emptyRow, 1).Value = "" Then Rows(emptyRow).Resize(1).Insert Range(Cells(emptyRow, "A"), Cells(emptyRow, "C")).Value = Array("Name", "Date", "Sore") End If Next emptyRow End Sub
Notes: In the above code:
1. Your data should be started from the first row in the worksheet.
2. Please change the texts of “Name”, “Data” and “Score” to the texts you need.
3. The letter A and C indicate the cell range where you want to insert the specific text.
4. Press the F5 key to run the code. And you can see the specified texts are added in every one row in your worksheet.
With the above code, you can just insert text in every one row. How about insert text in every n row in Excel? In this section, we will show you the Insert Titles rows utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, insert text in every n row won’t be a problem anymore.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Click Kutools > Insert > Insert Titles Rows to enable this utility. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Titles Rows dialog box, you need to:
2). Select the range you need to insert texts to in the Insert range box;
3). Specify the interval row number in the Interval rows box. If you want to insert text in every one row, please enter 1 in the box, and for every n row, please enter n in the box;
4). Click the OK button.
Now the specified text is inserted in every n row in the selected range.
|If this utility is helpful, you can download and try the free trial now!|
Excel Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you so much for this VBA code and other. They have solved many of my problems, working with a huge data set!!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you, the code was exactly what I needed. One question, I have data that I want repeated every other row but only to specific rows then a new string of text starts that I want repeated. How to I change the code to reflect stopping the repeat at a specific row?