How to count number of cells with nonzero values in Excel?
For counting total number of cells with nonzero values in Excel, here we will show you two methods. Please browse for more details.
Supposing you have a range of data as below screenshot shown. For counting numbers of cells with nonzero values, please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the counting result (here I select cell H1). Copy and paste formula =COUNTIF(A1:E8,"<>0") into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
2. Then the total number of nonzero values of the selected range is counted and displayed in cell H1.
1. With the above formula, you may count the non-zero cells which including blank cells. If you want to ignoring both the zero cells and blank cells, please apply this formula: =COUNTA(A1:D10)-COUNTIF(A1:D10,"=0"), then press Enter key to get the result, see screenshot:
2. With above formulas, you can count the total number of cells with nonzero values in a row, column or range in Excel with changing the cell references in the formula.
Besides the formulas, the Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can help you quickly count number of cells with nonzero values in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range you want to count number of nonzero cells. Then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the popped up Select Specific Cells dialog box, select Cell in the Selection type section, specify Does not equal in the Specific type drop-down list, and enter number 0 into the blank box. Finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Then a dialog box pops up to tell you how many nonzero value cells existing in the selected range. And it has excluded the blank cells directly already. Click the OK button, these cells are selected immediately.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!