How to count number of cells with nonzero values in Excel?
For counting total number of cells with nonzero values in Excel, here we will show you two methods. Please browse for more details.
Supposing you have a range of data as below screenshot shown. For counting numbers of cells with nonzero values, please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the counting result (here I select cell H1). Copy and paste formula =COUNTIF(A1:E8,"<>0") into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
2. Then the total number of nonzero values of the selected range is counted and displayed in cell H1.
1. With the above formula, you may count the non-zero cells which including blank cells. If you want to ignoring both the zero cells and blank cells, please apply this formula: =COUNTA(A1:D10)-COUNTIF(A1:D10,"=0"), then press Enter key to get the result, see screenshot:
2. With above formulas, you can count the total number of cells with nonzero values in a row, column or range in Excel with changing the cell references in the formula.
Besides the formulas, the Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can help you quickly count number of cells with nonzero values in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range you want to count number of nonzero cells. Then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the popped up Select Specific Cells dialog box, select Cell in the Selection type section, specify Does not equal in the Specific type drop-down list, and enter number 0 into the blank box. Finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Then a dialog box pops up to tell you how many nonzero value cells existing in the selected range. And it has excluded the blank cells directly already. Click the OK button, these cells are selected immediately.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoTHANK FOR YOUR INFORMATION
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years ago=CONT.SE(AL27:AL31;">0")
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agothanks for your efforts
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoQ.How to count non zero cell.