How to remove negative sign from numbers in Excel?
When work on Excel worksheet, sometimes, we need to remove negative sign from the numbers for some calculations, that is to say we would like to convert the negative numbers to positives. To achieve this requirement, the following methods may help you.
To remove the negative sign from the numbers, here is a simple ABS function, please do as follows:
1. Please enter this formula: =ABS(A1) into a blank cell, and press Enter key, and the negative sign has been removed at once if the cell is a negative value, see screenshot:
2. Then select cell F1 and drag the fill handle across to the range cells which you want to contain this formula, and all the negative signs have been removed from the negative numbers, see screenshot:
3. And then you should copy and paste these formulas to another range you need as value.
In Excel, Find and Replace command also can help you to find the negative sign in a range and replace it with nothing and thus the number will become positive.
1. Select the range that you want to remove the negative sign.
2. Click Home > Find & Select > Replace, see screenshot:
3. In the Find and Replace dialog, under the Replace tab, type the negative sign – into the Find what text box, and type nothing to leave the Replace with text box blank. See screenshot:
4. And then click Replace All button, all the negative signs have been removed at once, and the negative numbers have been converted to positives. See screenshot:
5. Then click OK and close the Find and Replace dialog box.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, its Change Sign of Values also may do you a favor. With this Change Sign of Values feature, you can finish the following operations as well:
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the data range that you want to remove the negative signs.
2. Click Kutools > Content > Change Sign of Values, see screenshot:
3. In the Change Sign of Values dialog box, select Change all negative values to positive option, see screenshot:
4. And then click Ok or Apply button, all negative numbers have been converted to positives, and the negative signs are removed as well.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThanks for the find and replace tip - that's exactly what I needed to solve my problem.