How to paste all except formulas in Excel?
If you want to paste cell values with all formatting from a range of cells except formulas in Excel, this article will help you. This article provides you with two methods of pasting all except formulas in Excel.
Supposing you want to copy the data in column C (see screenshot below) and paste to other cells, and you would like the cell values and formats to be reserved but formulas deleted after pasting. Please do as follows to achieve it.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window, click Insert > Module.
3. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA: paste all except formulas
Sub PasteSP() With Application.Selection .PasteSpecial XlPasteType.xlPasteValues .PasteSpecial XlPasteType.xlPasteComments .PasteSpecial XlPasteType.xlPasteFormats End With Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub
4. Shift back to the worksheet, select the range you want to copy all except formulas and press the Ctrl + C keys to copy them, then click to select a blank cell where you want to put the result. See screenshot:
5. Go to the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window again, and press the F5 key to run the code.
You can see the formulas are removed from the pasted data, but other formatting has been kept.
Note: comments will be pasted together with values and formats if there are comments existing in selected cells.
For the VBA newbies, combining the Exact Copy and To Actual utilities of Kutools for Excel is another choice for them to paste the selected cells’ values and formats except formulas in Excel. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the cells you want to paste all except formulas, and click Kutools > Formula > Exact Copy. See screenshot:
2. In the Exact Formula Copy dialog box, check the Copy formatting box, and then click the OK button.
3. In the following dialog box, select a blank cell to locate the results, and then click the OK button.
4. Now the selected cells are exactly copied and pasted to the blank cell. As the pasted results now include the formulas, you need to remove all formulas from these cells with selecting them and click To Actual under Kutools tab. See screenshot:
Now all formulas are removed, and only the values, formats reserved in cells.
Note: Comments cannot be copied with this method.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!