How to copy a column and paste only the unique records in Excel?
For a column with lots of duplicates, you may need to get a copy of this list with only the unique values. How can you do to achieve this? In this article, we provide two methods to paste only the unique records from a column list in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2021 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can use the Advanced Filter function to copy and paste only the unique recodes from a certain list in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the column list you want to paste only the unique. And then click Data > Advanced. See screenshot:
2. In the popping up Advanced Filter dialog box, you need to:
1). Select the Copy to another location option in the Action section;
2). In the Copy to box, click the button to select a blank cell to place the unique values;
3). Check the Unique records only box;
4). Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see only the unique values in the list are pasted to your specified column.
With the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells utility of Kutools for Excel, you can easily paste only the unique values from a certain list.
1. Select the list you want to paste only the unique values. Then click Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box, select the All unique (Including 1st duplicates) option, then click the OK button. In the new popping up little dialog box, click the OK button. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to only select the unique values except the first duplicates, please select the Unique values only option.
3. Now all unique values are selected, please copy them by pressing the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously, and then paste them to a new column with the Ctrl + V keys.