How to copy a column and paste only the unique records in Excel?
For a column with lots of duplicates, you may need to get a copy of this list with only the unique values. How can you do to achieve this? In this article, we provide two methods to paste only the unique records from a column list in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can use the Advanced Filter function to copy and paste only the unique recodes from a certain list in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the column list you want to paste only the unique. And then click Data > Advanced. See screenshot:
2. In the popping up Advanced Filter dialog box, you need to:
1). Select the Copy to another location option in the Action section;
2). In the Copy to box, click the button to select a blank cell to place the unique values;
3). Check the Unique records only box;
4). Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see only the unique values in the list are pasted to your specified column.
With the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells utility of Kutools for Excel, you can easily paste only the unique values from a certain list.
1. Select the list you want to paste only the unique values. Then click Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box, select the All unique (Including 1st duplicates) option, then click the OK button. In the new popping up little dialog box, click the OK button. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to only select the unique values except the first duplicates, please select the Unique values only option.
3. Now all unique values are selected, please copy them by pressing the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously, and then paste them to a new column with the Ctrl + V keys.