How to undo all changes to get back the original data in Excel?
After modifying a worksheet, you may want to undo all changes to recover the original data of your worksheet. For Excel, it has the undo function to undo changes. But for undoing all changes you have done to the worksheet, it takes time to click the Undo button again and again. Actually, there are methods for you do quickly get back the original data after modifying the worksheet. Please browse this article for more details.
The original method for undoing changes in Excel is to use the Undo function. Please do as follows.
1. After modifying current worksheet, click the Undo button in the Quick Access Toolbar to undo the changes you have made to the worksheet.
Another method for quickly getting back the original data after modifying worksheet is to back up this sheet before modifying. With the following VBA code, you can easily back up the worksheet.
1. Stay in the worksheet and keep the original data you want to back up, then press Alt + F11 to open the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window, click Insert > Module, and then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Back up worksheet
Sub CreateBackup() Dim xWs As Worksheet Dim xBackupWs As Worksheet Dim xName As String Set xWs = Application.ActiveSheet xName = xWs.Name xWs.Copy After:=Sheets(Application.Worksheets.Count) Set xBackupWs = Application.ActiveSheet xBackupWs.Name = "backup" xWs.Activate End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code, then a worksheet named backup is created with exactly the same content with the specified worksheet.
Do you want to restore to the original data with just one click? With the Snap utility of Kutools for Excel, you can take a snapshot of current worksheet before modifying, and then get back the original data with one click.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Before modifying the worksheet, Click Kutools > Snap > Track Snap. See screenshot:
2. In the Track Snap dialog box, click the OK button.
When you need to undo all changes and get back the original data of the worksheet, just click the snapshot you took to restore it.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!