How to create a list of weekdays/business days in Excel?
This tutorial is talking about how to create a list of weekdays between a date range in Excel, if you are interested in this, just go down to read the details.
In Excel, you can list weekdays with the Autofill handle and choose the Fill Weekdays option.
1. Type the start date you need in a blank cell. See screenshot:
2. Then drag the right corner of the date cell down to auto fill the dates. See screenshot:
Tip: You need to know how many weekdays (cells) you need. Here I need to list probably 22 weekdays.
3. Then you can click the Auto Fill Options to show the context menu, and check Fill Weekdays option. See screenshot:
Now you can see all 22 weekdays start from 7/1/2015 are list.
But this method is not convenient to quickly list business days between two dates, to save much working time, you can refer to next method.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can use the Insert Random Data to insert all weekdays or weekends between a dates range, and then sort the date as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a cells range (you’d better select much more cells than the dates you need to list). See screenshot:
2. Click Kutools > Insert > Insert Random Data. See screenshot:
3. In the Insert Random Data dialog, click Date tab, then type the start date in the From box, type the end date in the To box, and check Workday option and Unique Values option. See screenshot:
4. Click Ok or Apply, now all the weekdays of July have been inserted. See screenshot:
Tip: If the cells you selected are more than the inserted dates, there will be some blank cells left.
5. Go to Data > Sort Oldest to Newest to sort the dates from old to new. See screenshot:
Now the weekdays are listing from oldest to newest.
With Insert Random Data, you can quickly insert random integers, random time, random date, random unique values, random string and random custom list. Click here to know more about this utility.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)