How to move active sheet to end or front of current workbook in Excel?
Moving the active sheet to end or front of current workbook helps you easily shift to this worksheet among lots of sheets. In this article, we will show you methods of moving active sheet to end or front of current workbook in Excel.
Move active sheet to end or front of current workbook with Move or Copy
Move active sheet to end or front of current workbook with VBA code
Easily move active sheet to end or front of current workbook with an amazing tool
With Excel’s Move or Copy function, you can move active sheet to end or front of current workbook in Excel.
1. Stay in active sheet, right click the sheet tab bar, and then select Move or Copy from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Move or Copy dialog box, for moving active sheet before all sheets, please scroll to select the top sheet in the Before sheet box, and for moving active sheet to end of all sheets, please scroll down to select move to end option in the Before sheet box, and finally click the OK button. See screenshots:
|Move active sheet to top||Move active sheet to end|
Then the active sheet will be moved to end or front of current workbook at once.
Running the following VBA codes, you can move active sheet to end or front of current workbook in Excel.
1. Activate the worksheet you want to move to end or front of current workbook, press Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste below codes into the Module window.
VBA code: move active sheet to end of current workbook
VBA code: move active sheet to front of current workbook
Sub MoverToEnd() ActiveSheet.Move _ After: = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count) End Sub
Sub MoverToFront() ActiveSheet.Move Before: = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1) End Sub
3. After pasting the code, press the F5 key to run the code. Then the active sheet will be moved to end or front of current workbook immediately.
With the Sort Sheets utility of Kutools for Excel, you can not only sort all worksheets with alpha, color, but also easily move active sheet to top, end or specified position of current workbook.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Click Kutools Plus > Worksheet > Sort Sheets. See screenshot:
2. In the Sort Sheets dialog box, the active sheet is selected by default, and you need to do the following operations:
- How to delete all sheets except specified/current one in Excel?
- How to save, export or convert multiple/all sheets to csv or text files in Excel?
- How to return to last active sheet in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!