Delete all sheets except specified one with VBA code
With below VBA code, you can delete all sheet in a workbook except specific one in Excel.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window.
2. Click Insert > Module, then copy and paste below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Delete all sheets except specified ones
Dim xWs As Worksheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
If xWs.Name <> "Sheet1" And xWs.Name <> "Sheet2" Then
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
1. “Sheet1” and “Sheet2” are sheets you want to keep in current workbook. You can change them based on your needs.
2. If you want to delete all but keep more sheets, please add code And xWs.Name <> "your sheet name" before the Then word in the sixth line of the code. Such as:
If xWs.Name <> "Sheet1" And xWs.Name <> "Sheet2" And xWs.Name <> "your sheet name" Then
3. If you just want to keep one sheet and delete all from the workbook, please remove all Andcondition in the code. For example, for keeping sheet1 in current workbook, you need to change the sixth line code to: If xWs.Name <> "Sheet1" Then
Delete all sheets except current active one with Kutools for Excel (One click only)
You can easily remove all sheets except current active sheet with just one click by Delete All Inactive Sheets utility of Kutools for Excel.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.