How to move multiple cells into one in Excel?
We can easily split a cell into multiple columns with Text to Column feature in Excel, but how to move multiple cell values into one cell? Copying all cells one by one seems not a good way! This article will introduce several tricky solutions for you.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
We can copy a range of cells into the Clipboard, and then paste these cell values into a single cell easily. Please do as follows:
1. Enable the Clipboard pane with clicking the anchor at the bottom-right corner of Clipboard group on the Home tab. See left screenshot:
2. Select the range of cells you will move to a single cell, and copy it with pressing the Ctrl + C keys in a meanwhile. Now the range of cell is added into the Clipboard pane.
3. Double click into the destination cell that you will move these cell values into, and then click the copied range in the Clipboard pane.
Then the copied cell values are moved into the destination cell at once.
Note: The cell values are separated by space and new line in the destination cell as above screenshot shown.
Of course we can move multiple cell values into a single cell with formula. Please do as follows:
Select the destination cell that you will move cell values into, and enter the formula =CONCATENATE(A1,",",B1,",",A2,",",B2,",",A3,",",B3,",",A4,",",B4,",",A5,",",B5) into it, and press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Note: In above formula, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 and B1, B2, B3, B4, B5 are cells you will move values into a single cell, “,” means you will separate these cell values with comma. You can change all of them based on your needs.
This method will introduce Kutools for Excel’s Combine utility, which can greatly simplify your moving work, and provides many separators to separate cell values. Please do as follows:
Kutools for Excel - Combines more than 300 Advanced Functions and Tools for Microsoft Excel
1. Select the range of cells that you will move into a single cell, and click Kutools > Combine.
2. In the opening Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, please check Combine into single cell option, specify a separator as you need, and click the Ok button. See screenshot:
Note: Use formatted values option will remain original cells’ formatting after merging. For example, it will combine 78 and 99% as 78, 99%, but not as 78, 0.99.
Now you will see all cell values in the selected range are moved into the first cell of selected range, and separated by specified separator. See screenshot:
The Combine (Columns or Rows) utility of Kutools for Excel can easily merge cells in each row/column into one cell without losing data., and merge all cell values into one cell without losing data as well. Click for 60-day free trial, no limitation!