How to extract hyperlinks from multiple images in Excel?
Let’s say, you have a list of images in a worksheet, and each image contains a hyperlink, now, you would like to extract the real hyperlink addresses from these pictures to their next cells as following screenshot shown. Of course, you can copy the hyperlink address from the Edit Hyperlink box one by one, but, this will be time-consuming if there are multiple hyperlinks needed to be extracted. In this article, I will introduce some methods to solve this task quickly and easily in Excel.
Extract real addresses from hyperlinks:
With Kutools for Excel’s Convert Hyperlinks, you can quickly extract real URL addresses from hyperlinked cells at once.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following VBA code can help you to extract the real addresses from the multiple hyperlinked images at once, please do step by step:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys in Excel to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Extract real addresses from multiple hyperlinked images
Sub ExtractHyperlinkFromPicture() 'updateby Extendoffice 20151015 Dim xSh As Shape Dim xScreen As Boolean xScreen = Application.ScreenUpdating Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each xSh In ActiveSheet.Shapes If xSh.Type = msoPicture Then On Error Resume Next Range(xSh.TopLeftCell.Address).Offset(0, 3).Value = xSh.Hyperlink.Address On Error GoTo 0 End If Next Application.ScreenUpdating = xScreen End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and all hyperlink addresses have been extracted into corresponding cells beside the pictures, see screenshot:
Note: This code will extracted real addresses from all images in the current worksheet.