How to extract hyperlinks from multiple images in Excel?
Let’s say, you have a list of images in a worksheet, and each image contains a hyperlink, now, you would like to extract the real hyperlink addresses from these pictures to their next cells as following screenshot shown. Of course, you can copy the hyperlink address from the Edit Hyperlink box one by one, but, this will be time-consuming if there are multiple hyperlinks needed to be extracted. In this article, I will introduce some methods to solve this task quickly and easily in Excel.
The following VBA code can help you to extract the real addresses from the multiple hyperlinked images at once, please do step by step:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys in Excel to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Extract real addresses from multiple hyperlinked images
Sub ExtractHyperlinkFromPicture() 'updateby Extendoffice Dim xSh As Shape Dim xScreen As Boolean xScreen = Application.ScreenUpdating Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each xSh In ActiveSheet.Shapes If xSh.Type = msoPicture Then On Error Resume Next Range(xSh.TopLeftCell.Address).Offset(0, 3).Value = xSh.Hyperlink.Address On Error GoTo 0 End If Next Application.ScreenUpdating = xScreen End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and all hyperlink addresses have been extracted into corresponding cells beside the pictures, see screenshot:
Note: This code will extracted real addresses from all images in the current worksheet.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!