How to count how many cells contain certain text or value in Excel?
Sometimes, you may need to count number of cells which contain certain text or value in a range. In this article, we will show you methods of counting how many cells contain certain text or value in Excel with details.
You can count number of cells which contain certain text or value with formula as follows.
1. Select a blank cell, enter the below formula into it and then press the Enter key to get the result.
Note: In this formula, please change the cell reference and the text or number as you need. In this case, we count number of cells in range A1:D8 which equal to 50.
The Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel will help you easily count number of cells contain certain text or number, and selected these cells immediately.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range with the text or value cells you want to count, and then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells.
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, please configure as follows.
3. Then a dialog pops up to tell you the total number of qualified cells, please click the OK button.
Note: This utility can count and select cells with two criteria at the same time. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!