How to mass multiply or divide all values in a column by a number in Excel?
For a list of numbers, you may need to multiply by a certain number for each of them as below screenshot shown. Normally, you need to calculate them one by one with formulas. In this article, we will show you two methods to quickly multiply or divide all values in a column by a number at once in details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can multiply or divide all values in a column by a certain number as follows.
1. Enter the certain number in a blank cell (for example, you need to multiply or divide all values by number 10, then enter number 10 into the blank cell). Copy this cell with pressing the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
2. Select the number list you need to batch multiply, then click Home > Paste > Paste Special. See screenshot:
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, select the Multiply or Divide option in the Operation section as you need (here we select the Multiply option), and then click the OK button.
You can see the operation result as below screenshot shown.
After free installing Kutools for Excel , the Operation tool will help you easily mass multiply or divide all values in a column or range by a certain number in Excel. Please browse for more details.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the column with values you need to batch multiply or divide by a number, then click Kutools > More > Operation. See screenshot:
2. In the Operation Tools dialog box, select the operation type you need in the Operation box (here we select Multiplication option), enter the certain number for the multiplication operand into the textbox, and then click the OK button.
1. You can create formulas for the list with checking the Create formulas box.
2. If there already have formulas in the list, you can skip calculating these cells by checking the Skip formula cells box.
Then all selected cells are multiplied with a certain number at once.
|If this utility is helpful, you can download and try the free trial now!|