it will spit comma separated value into individual column
id name add
1 Ratnesh myAdd
we will apply in the 2nd record it will split record like 1st records,
In some cases, you may need to split comma separated values of selected cells into rows or columns. Here we will introduce three methods for you to solve this problem in details.
You can apply the Text to Columns function to split comma separated values of selected cells into columns. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range of cells you want to split values into columns, and then click Data > Text to Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the first Convert Text to Columns Wizard dialog box, select the Delimited option, and then click the Next button.
3. In the second Convert Text to Columns Wizard dialog box, only check the Comma box in the Delimiters section, and click the Next button.
4. In the last Convert Text to Columns Wizard dialog box, select a cell for locating the splitting values in the Destination box, and finally click the Finish button. See screenshot:
Now all the values in selected cells which were separated by commas are split to different columns as bellow screenshot shown.
For splitting comma separated values into rows, you can apply the following VBA code.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Split comma separated values into rows
Sub SplitAll() Dim xRg As Range Dim xRg1 As Range Dim xCell As Range Dim I As Long Dim xAddress As String Dim xUpdate As Boolean Dim xRet As Variant On Error Resume Next xAddress = Application.ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please select a range", "Kutools for Excel", xAddress, , , , , 8) Set xRg = Application.Intersect(xRg, xRg.Worksheet.UsedRange) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub If xRg.Columns.Count > 1 Then MsgBox "You can't select multiple columns", , "Kutools for Excel" Exit Sub End If Set xRg1 = Application.InputBox("Split to (single cell):", "Kutools for Excel", , , , , , 8) Set xRg1 = xRg1.Range("A1") If xRg1 Is Nothing Then Exit Sub xUpdate = Application.ScreenUpdating Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each xCell In xRg xRet = Split(xCell.Value, ",") xRg1.Worksheet.Range(xRg1.Offset(I, 0), xRg1.Offset(I + UBound(xRet, 1), 0)) = Application.WorksheetFunction.Transpose(xRet) I = I + UBound(xRet, 1) + 1 Next Application.ScreenUpdating = xUpdate End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. In the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, select the cells you want to split, and then click the OK button.
4. In the second popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, select a cell for locating the splitting values, then click OK.
Then you can see the comma separated values in selected cells are split into rows as bellow screenshot shown.
The Split Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can help you split comma separated values into rows or columns easily.
1. Select the cells you need to split, and then click Kutools > Text > Split Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Split Cells dialog box, select Split to Rows or Split to Columns in the Type section as you need. And in the Specify a separator section, select the Other option, enter the comma symbol into the textbox, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
3 .And then another prompt box will pop out to remind you select a cell to output the result, see screenshot:
4. Click OK button, you can see the results as below screenshots shown.
Split to Columns
Split to Rows