How to break or split number into individual digits in Excel?
Supposing you need to break or split number into individual digits as below screenshot shown, what can you do to achieve it? This article will provide two methods for you.
This section will show a formula to split selected number cells into individual digits in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell (says cell C1) for locating the first split digit of number in cell A1, then enter formula =MID($A1,COLUMN()-(COLUMN($C1)- 1),1) into the formula bar, and then press the Enter key.
Note: In the formula, A1 is the cell with number you need to split to digits, and C1 is the cell for locating the first split digit. Please change them as you need.
2. Keep selecting cell C1, then drag the Fill Handle to the right cells until all digits of cell A1 are split out.
3. Keep these split digit cells selected, and drag the Fill Handle down to the cells until all numbers are split into separated digits. See screenshot:
The Split Cells utility of Kutools for Excel helps you easily split all selected number cells into individual digits at once. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select cells with number you need to split into digits, then click Kutools > Merge & Split > Split Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Split Cells dialog box, please select Split to Columns option in the Type section, and in the Specify a separator section, select Specify width and enter number 1 into the textbox. Click the OK button.
3. In the next popping up Split Cells dialog box, please specify a blank cell for locating the first split digit, and then click the OK button.
After clicking the OK button, all numbers in selected cells are split into separated digits immediately as below screenshot shown.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoIs there a way for the Split Numbers formula to work on a cell receiving changing data, so that the split numbers automatically update when the source cell changes?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months ago9310B82214332A this no want to spilt in next column in this format 82214332A what to do
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoDear Sir,
bill no bill Date Party Name Item Name Acutal Quantity
01 01-04-2019 abc mobile 20
ISKO TWENTIES ROW ME LANA HAI
KINDLY MADAD KIJIYE VERY VERY IMPORTANT
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoFinal Text: BEARING, BALL; TYPE: DEEP GROOVE, CAGE MATERIAL: STEEL, ROW QUANTITY: SINGLE, INSIDE DIAMETER: 30 MM, OUTSIDE DIAMETER: 72 MM, WIDTH: 19 MM, CLOSURE TYPE: SINGLE SHIELDED, LOAD CAPACITY: DYNAMIC: 29.6, STATIC: 16 KN, SPEED: 13000 RPM; MANUFACTURER PART NO 63 63 6306 Z SKF
I want to find the "63 6306 Z SKF" within the final text, Can anyone guide me
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi Jagan,
The final text you shown above locate in one cell? or would you please provide a screenshot of your example showing what you are exactly trying to do?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoif data is in below format what will do?
DDD 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Need number from 1st cell to below heading number(i.e. if we have 1,5,11 then answer put in cell below 1,5,11)
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoOption Explicit
Function NumberToText(ByVal MyNumber)
Count = 1
NLength = Len(MyNumber) + 1
Do While Count < NLength
Result = Result & GetDigit(Mid(MyNumber, Count, Count)) & Space(1)
Count = Count + 1
NumberToText = Result
Select Case Val(Digit)
Case 1: GetDigit = "One"
Case 2: GetDigit = "Two"
Case 3: GetDigit = "Three"
Case 4: GetDigit = "Four"
Case 5: GetDigit = "Five"
Case 6: GetDigit = "Six"
Case 7: GetDigit = "Seven"
Case 8: GetDigit = "Eight"
Case 9: GetDigit = "Nine"
Case Else: GetDigit = "Zero"
I am trying to convert digits into words for preparing mark sheet purpose. Eg: 63 => Six Three but this is not working with 3 digit number Eg:798 =>Seven Zero Eight ERROR. Please Help
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoDear Priya,
The following User-defined function can help you.
Function NumberToText(ByVal xNum)
Dim I As Long
Dim xTemp As Long
Dim xStr As String
Dim Result As String
For I = 1 To Len(xNum)
xTemp = Mid(xNum, I, 1)
Select Case xTemp
Case 1: xStr = "One"
Case 2: xStr = "Two"
Case 3: xStr = "Three"
Case 4: xStr = "Four"
Case 5: xStr = "Five"
Case 6: xStr = "Six"
Case 7: xStr = "Seven"
Case 8: xStr = "Eight"
Case 9: xStr = "Nine"
Case Else: xStr = "Zero"
Result = Result & xStr & Space(1)
NumberToText = Result
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoHi,
Advise me the formula for multi digit number combine to single digit
exp: 12345 (inside one cell) autocalculate to 1+2+3+4+5 = 6