How to sum corresponding values with same date in Excel?
Have you ever tried to sum corresponding values based on the same date from another column in Excel? Supposing, I have the following data range (A1:B13), column A is the date range contains some duplicate dates, and column B has the number of order, now, I need to add the numbers together based on the same date in column A to get the below result. How to finish it quickly and easily in Excel?
To sum relative values based on same date in another column, the following formula can help you, please do as follows:
1. Enter this formula into a blank cell where you want to locate the result: =SUMIF($A$2:$A$13,D2,$B$2:$B$13). See screenshot:
Note: In the above formula: A2:A13 is the date range, B2:B13 is the column that you want to sum and D2 is the criteria date based on.
2. Then drag the fill handle down to the cell that you want to apply this formula, and the corresponding values in column B have been added together based on the same date in column A, see screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Advanced Combine Rows utility, you can quickly combine the corresponding values or do other calculations based on the same date as you need.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:(Go to Download Kutools for Excel Now! )
1. Select the data range that you want to sum with same date (you’d better make a copy for your original data).
2. Then click Kutools > Merge & Split > Advanced Combine Rows, see screenshot:
3. In the Advanced Combine Rows dialog box, specify the Date column as Primary Key, and select the column you want to sum and then choose the operation – Sum under the Calculate, see screenshot:
4. Then click Ok button, the corresponding values with the same date have been added together, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!