How to sum corresponding values with same date in Excel?
Have you ever tried to sum corresponding values based on the same date from another column in Excel? Supposing, I have the following data range (A1:B13), column A is the date range contains some duplicate dates, and column B has the number of order, now, I need to add the numbers together based on the same date in column A to get the below result. How to finish it quickly and easily in Excel?
Sum / Count / Average corresponding cells based on same value or date:
Kutools fro Excel's Advanced Combine Rows feature can help you to quickly combine corresponding cells with same data or get some calculations based on same cell value or date as you need.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
To sum relative values based on same date in another column, the following formula can help you, please do as follows:
1. Enter this formula into a blank cell where you want to locate the result: =SUMIF($A$2:$A$13,D2,$B$2:$B$13). See screenshot:
Note: In the above formula: A2:A13 is the date range, B2:B13 is the column that you want to sum and D2 is the criteria date based on.
2. Then drag the fill handle down to the cell that you want to apply this formula, and the corresponding values in column B have been added together based on the same date in column A, see screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Advanced Combine Rows utility, you can quickly combine the corresponding values or do other calculations based on the same date as you need.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:(Go to Download Kutools for Excel Now! )
1. Select the data range that you want to sum with same date (you’d better make a copy for your original data).
2. Then click Kutools > Content > Advanced Combine Rows, see screenshot:
3. In the Advanced Combine Rows dialog box, specify the Date column as Primary Key, and select the column you want to sum and then choose the operation – Sum under the Calculate, see screenshot:
4. Then click Ok button, the corresponding values with the same date have been added together, see screenshot:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThat was really helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to share it.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThanks Heaps!!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHow to add a few consecutive cells on basis of their respective cells..
Ex- Some of the cells in column A are having same data & consecutive than how to add that range of cells in column I ??
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHow to add 2 cells on basis of their respective cells..
Ex- Some of the cells in column A is same & consecutive than how to add that range of cells in column I ??
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoPlease send me details on excel
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThanks a lot, this helped me !!