How to sum corresponding values with same date in Excel?
Have you ever tried to sum corresponding values based on the same date from another column in Excel? Supposing, I have the following data range (A1:B13), column A is the date range contains some duplicate dates, and column B has the number of order, now, I need to add the numbers together based on the same date in column A to get the below result. How to finish it quickly and easily in Excel?
Sum corresponding values based on same date with formula
Sum corresponding values based on same date with Kutools for Excel
To sum relative values based on same date in another column, the following formula can help you, please do as follows:
1. Enter this formula into a blank cell where you want to locate the result: =SUMIF($A$2:$A$13,D2,$B$2:$B$13). See screenshot:
Note: In the above formula: A2:A13 is the date range, B2:B13 is the column that you want to sum and D2 is the criteria date based on.
2. Then drag the fill handle down to the cell that you want to apply this formula, and the corresponding values in column B have been added together based on the same date in column A, see screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Advanced Combine Rows utility, you can quickly combine the corresponding values or do other calculations based on the same date as you need.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:(Go to Download Kutools for Excel Now! )
1. Select the data range that you want to sum with same date (you’d better make a copy for your original data).
2. Then click Kutools > Merge & Split > Advanced Combine Rows, see screenshot:
3. In the Advanced Combine Rows dialog box, specify the Date column as Primary Key, and select the column you want to sum and then choose the operation – Sum under the Calculate, see screenshot:
4. Then click Ok button, the corresponding values with the same date have been added together, see screenshot:
Go to Download Kutools for Excel and free trial Now!
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!