How could I modify the VBA and say that if the Range B1:B50 is less than or equal to Range A1:B50 then MsgBox......?????
How to pop up message box if cell value changes within a range in Excel?
Sometimes you need to remind yourself of the changes within a range in a certain worksheet. So a pop up message box will do you a favor if cell value has changed in a certain range. You can achieve it with a VBA method in this article.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following VBA code will pop up a message box if cell value changes within a specified range of a certain worksheet. Please do as follows.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click the sheet name (the specified range exists in) in the left bar to open its Code window, then copy and paste the below VBA code into the window.
VBA code: pop up message box if cell value changes within a range
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not (Application.Intersect(Range("A1:E19"), Target) Is Nothing) Then MsgBox "Cell " & Target.Address & " has changed.", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" End If End Sub
Note: you can change the specified range A1:E19 in the code to the range you need.
3. Press Alt + Q keys at the same time to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
For now on, when cell values in range A1:E19 changed, a message box will pop up automatically. See screenshot:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi everyone & thanks for the VBA.
I was just wondering how to modify the VBA in case that I want the MsgBox only if for example the cell value B1 is <= than A1
Thanks for your assistance!!!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoGood Day,
Please try below VBA code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
On Error GoTo ExitSub
Dim One As Long
Dim Two As Long
One = Range("A1").Value
Two = Range("B1").Value
If Not (Application.Intersect(Range("A1:B1"), Target) Is Nothing) Then
If (One > Two) Then
MsgBox "Range(""A1"") > Range(""B1"")", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel"
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoConsidering the above example.(VBA code: pop up message box if cell value changes within a range)
when the value of D14 has changed we get a pop up, in the similar way how to get the ID of that (column A of the same row (A14)).
Thanks in advance, any response is appreciable.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoconsidering the above output there is a question.
we got a pop message when the D14 has changed, in the similar can way can we get the ID (data of the same row of the column A) in the pop up message??