How to increase drop down list font size in Excel?
Drop down list is a very helpful feature in Excel, when you create drop down list in your worksheet, have you ever tried to increase the font size of the drop down list to make the selected record larger and more readable as left screenshot shown? This article will talk about a workaround to solve it.
In fact, there is no direct way for us to increase the font size of the drop down list, but, you can apply the following VBA code to change the drop down list cells zoom setting to make the text appear larger. Please do as follows:
1. Go the worksheet which contains the drop down list that you want to increase its font size.
2. Right click the sheet tab, and select View Code from the context menu, in the popped out Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please copy and paste the following code into the blank Module window:
VBA code: Increase drop down list font size to enlarge the cell zoom
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) 'updateby Extendoffice On Error GoTo LZoom Dim xZoom As Long xZoom = 100 If Target.Validation.Type = xlValidateList Then xZoom = 130 LZoom: ActiveWindow.Zoom = xZoom End Sub
3. Then save and close this code, now, when you click the drop down list cells, the cell’s zoom will be enlarged, and the drop down list will be appeared larger, but, when you click other cells not contain the drop down list, the cell zoom will be normal.
Note: In the above code, xZoom = 130 will change the drop down list cells zoom to be 130, you can change this zoom number to your need.
Create drop down list with checkboxes in Excel
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!