How to increment worksheet reference automatically in Excel?
Supposing in a master sheet cell A1, there is a formula =Sheet1!B9 and it will extract the cell value from cell B9 of Sheet1, now, I want to increment worksheet names but the cell reference stays the same as this: A1= Sheet1!B9, A2= Sheet2!B9, A3= Sheet3!B9, A4= Sheet4!B9… To reference the same cell across multiple worksheet, this article may help you.
If your worksheet names within the workbook are same format, such as Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, Sheet4…, you can quickly reference the same cell value from these worksheet by using the following formula. Please do as this:
1. In a master worksheet which you want to put the result, in a helper column A, enter the number sequence 1, 2, 3, … the same number of your extracted sheets, and then type this formula: =INDIRECT("'Sheet" & A1 & "'!B9") into cell B1 beside your helper column, see screenshot:
Note: In above formula: Sheet is the increment tab name, A1 is the helper cell, B9 is the cell reference that you want to extract from other sheets. You can change them to your need.
2. Then drag the fill handle down to the cells that based on the helper column value, and all the same cell values have been extracted across multiple worksheets, see screenshot:
The above method can help to reference a specific cell value from multiple same format increment sheet successfully, but, it will not work if the worksheet names are in different formatting. With Kutools for Excel’s Dynamically Refer to Worksheets utility, you can extract the same cell reference from multiple different sheet names of a workbook.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. In a new master worksheet, please click the cell B9, for example, which cell you want to extract the value from other sheets, and then click Kutools > More > Dynamically Refer to Worksheets, see screenshot:
2. In the Fill Worksheets References dialog box, you can choose the fill vertically or horizontally from the Fill order drop down list as you need, and then click button to lock the formula, then you can click any cell where you want to put the extracted value from other sheets, see screenshot:
3. And then click Fill Range button, all the cell values from the same cell across other worksheets have been filled into the cells, see screenshot:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThis was great tutorial. Saved my time.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI have to add a new value in sheet 1 and after adding it to the row it should automatically added to the existing data in another sheet.
ex: Today I have to add a reading(value) to the day(sheet), after adding the value automatically the value should be appended to the existing data in the week(sheet). Is this possible, If possible share the details to my email or here.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoi have multiple sheets and i want to put in cell in the first sheet A1=1, in sheet 2 A1=2, in sheet 3 A1=3 ...
Or if have multiple sheet and i want to drag a formula for similar cell and it follows the other sheets how to do it?