How to convert number format between European and US in Excel?
In US, we usually type number in Excel with this format 100,100.61, but in Euro, European type number in Excel with this format 100.100,61. In this article, I tell you the tricks on the conversion between US number format and European number format in Excel.
Currency ConversionKutools'Currency Conversion function give you the last currency rate, and help you convert between multuple currencies.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To convert European number format to US number format, you just need 3 steps:
1. Select a blank cell next to the Euro number, enter this formula =NUMBERVALUE(A2,",","."), drag fill handle over the cells you want to use this formula. See screenshot:
2. Then keep the formula cells selected, and right click to select Format Cells from the context menu. And in the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, click Number from the Category list, and check Use 1000 Separator() in the right section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. And the European numbers have been converted to US number format. See screenshot:
1. Beside above formula, you also can use this formula to convert Euro number to US number:
=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A2, ".", "" ), ",", ".")+0.
2. In the formulas, A2 is the Euro number you want to convert, change it as you need.
3. This formula =NUMBERVALUE(A2,",",".") does not work in Excel 2010.
|Kutools for Excel's Auto Text, collect all formulas to a group as auto text, you can insert them anytime as you want whithout remembering! Free Download Now!|
If you want to convert US number format to European number format, you just need one step:
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
Select a blank cell next to the number you want to convert, B2 for instance, enter this formula =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(FIXED(D2,2,FALSE),".","$"),",","."),"$",","), drag fill handle down the cells needed this formula. See screenshot: