How to convert number format between European and US in Excel?
In US, we usually type number in Excel with this format 100,100.61, but in Euro, European type number in Excel with this format 100.100,61. In this article, I tell you the tricks on the conversion between US number format and European number format in Excel.
To convert European number format to US number format, you just need 3 steps:
1. Select a blank cell next to the Euro number, enter this formula =NUMBERVALUE(A2,",","."), drag fill handle over the cells you want to use this formula. See screenshot:
2. Then keep the formula cells selected, and right click to select Format Cells from the context menu. And in the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, click Number from the Category list, and check Use 1000 Separator() in the right section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. And the European numbers have been converted to US number format. See screenshot:
1. Beside above formula, you also can use this formula to convert Euro number to US number:
=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A2, ".", "" ), ",", ".")+0.
2. In the formulas, A2 is the Euro number you want to convert, change it as you need.
3. This formula =NUMBERVALUE(A2,",",".") does not work in Excel 2010.
If you want to convert US number format to European number format, you just need one step:
Select a blank cell next to the number you want to convert, B2 for instance, enter this formula =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(FIXED(D2,2,FALSE),".","$"),",","."),"$",","), drag fill handle down the cells needed this formula. See screenshot:
Quickly and easily convert date to other date formatting in Excel
|The Apply Date Formatting of Kutools for Excel can quickly convert a standard date to the date formatting as you need as, such as only display month, day, or year, date format in yyyy-mm-dd, yyyy.mm.dd and so on. click for full- featured free trail in 30 days!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|