How to convert number format between European and US in Excel?
In US, we usually type number in Excel with this format 100,100.61, but in Euro, European type number in Excel with this format 100.100,61. In this article, I tell you the tricks on the conversion between US number format and European number format in Excel.
Currency ConversionKutools'Currency Conversion function give you the last currency rate, and help you convert between multuple currencies.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To convert European number format to US number format, you just need 3 steps:
1. Select a blank cell next to the Euro number, enter this formula =NUMBERVALUE(A2,",","."), drag fill handle over the cells you want to use this formula. See screenshot:
2. Then keep the formula cells selected, and right click to select Format Cells from the context menu. And in the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, click Number from the Category list, and check Use 1000 Separator() in the right section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. And the European numbers have been converted to US number format. See screenshot:
1. Beside above formula, you also can use this formula to convert Euro number to US number:
=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A2, ".", "" ), ",", ".")+0.
2. In the formulas, A2 is the Euro number you want to convert, change it as you need.
3. This formula =NUMBERVALUE(A2,",",".") does not work in Excel 2010.
|Kutools for Excel's Auto Text, collect all formulas to a group as auto text, you can insert them anytime as you want whithout remembering! Free Download Now!|
If you want to convert US number format to European number format, you just need one step:
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
Select a blank cell next to the number you want to convert, B2 for instance, enter this formula =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(FIXED(D2,2,FALSE),".","$"),",","."),"$",","), drag fill handle down the cells needed this formula. See screenshot: