How to calculate the employee tenure in months or years in Excel?
As a human resource specialist, you may need to calculate every employee’s tenure in month or years for different salaries or treatments. Here I introduce some tricks on calculating the tenure in months or years in Excel.
Seconds to calculate current age based on given birthday date
|If you have a list of employees' birthday, how can you quickly calculate thier current ages for each other in Excel sheet? Here the Calculate age based on birth function in Kutools for Excel can quickly solve this problem whithout remembering the complex formula. Click for full-featured 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To calculate the tenure of a staff from entry date until now, you can apply below formulas.
Select a blank cell next to the entry date, for instance, C2, and enter this formula =DATEDIF(B2,NOW(),"M"), B2 is the entry date of the employee, and drag auto fill handle down to the cells you want to apply this formula. See screenshot:
If you want to calculate the tenure in years, you can apply this formula =DATEDIF(B2,NOW(),"Y"), see screenshot:
If you want to calculate the specific years and months of tenure, apply this formula =DATEDIF(B2,C2,"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(B2,C2,"ym") & " months ", B2 is the entry date, and C2 is the leave date. See screenshot:
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Excel workbooks/Word documents as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Excel workbooks or Word documents in one Excel window or Word window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs. Click for free 30-day trial of Office Tab!
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoi have date of joining and 26 oct 2010 and service years is 5.01 so how i calculate date of leaving like date of joinig format
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoHI
How do I calculate Man Month for a Turn-key Construction Project which has a timeline to be completed in 06 Weeks!!!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoHow to calculate total service period of an employee excluding the extra day count of leap years in excel ? eg; (Period : 01-11-1999 to 08-08-2019)