How to only recalculate or refresh selected cells in Excel?
For frequently using complex formulas in Excel, many Excel users tend to change the workbook calculation from automatically calculating to manually. With the manual calculation mode, you need to recalculate the formula cells to get the updated result when changing reference cell values. In this article, we will show you how to recalculate or refresh only the selected cells in Excel.
Supposing formulas locate in range F2:F10 as below screenshot shown. After changing values in column D or E, you need to recalculate the formula cells in Column F in order to get the new results. Please do as follows.
1. After changing values of reference cells, select the formula cells you need to recalculate, then press the F9 key. Then you can see the results of selected formula cells are updated at once.
Note: After pressing this shot cut key, all of the formulas in the worksheet which reference cells change will be updated at once.
Also, you can run the following VBA code to only recalculate the selected cells in Excel.
1. Select the formula cells you need to recalculate, then press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Only recalculate selected cells in Excel
Public Sub RecalculateSelection()
If TypeName(Selection) = "Range" Then Selection.Calculate
3. Press the F5 key to run the code, then the selected formula cells are recalculated immediately.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!