How to only recalculate or refresh selected cells in Excel?
For frequently using complex formulas in Excel, many Excel users tend to change the workbook calculation from automatically calculating to manually. With the manual calculation mode, you need to recalculate the formula cells to get the updated result when changing reference cell values. In this article, we will show you how to recalculate or refresh only the selected cells in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing formulas locate in range F2:F10 as below screenshot shown. After changing values in column D or E, you need to recalculate the formula cells in Column F in order to get the new results. Please do as follows.
1. After changing values of reference cells, select the formula cells you need to recalculate, then press the F9 key. Then you can see the results of selected formula cells are updated at once.
Note: After pressing this shot cut key, all of the formulas in the worksheet which reference cells change will be updated at once.
Also, you can run the following VBA code to only recalculate the selected cells in Excel.
1. Select the formula cells you need to recalculate, then press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Only recalculate selected cells in Excel
Public Sub RecalculateSelection() If TypeName(Selection) = "Range" Then Selection.Calculate End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code, then the selected formula cells are recalculated immediately.