How to delete sheet if name contains specific text from workbook?
Supposing, you have a workbook which contains multiple worksheets, and now, you want to delete the sheets by tab names. For example, if the sheet name contains a specific text “KTE”, then delete it, and then get the following screenshot. How could you delete the sheets if name contains a specific text immediately without deleting them one by one?
Here, I will create a VBA code for you to delete the sheets by name, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Delete sheets if name contains specific text
Sub Deletebyname() 'Updateby Extendoffice Dim shName As String Dim xName As String Dim xWs As Worksheet Dim cnt As Integer shName = Application.InputBox("Enter the specific text:", "Kutools for Excel", _ ThisWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Name, , , , , 2) If shName = "" Then Exit Sub xName = "*" & shName & "*" ' MsgBox xName Application.DisplayAlerts = False cnt = 0 For Each xWs In ThisWorkbook.Sheets If xWs.Name Like xName Then xWs.Delete cnt = cnt + 1 End If Next xWs Application.DisplayAlerts = True MsgBox "Have deleted" & cnt & "worksheets", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and a prompt box is popped out to remind you enter the specific text that you want to delete sheet tab based on, see screenshot:
4. And then click OK, all the sheets which name contains the specified text “KTE” have been deleted at once. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!