How to check if time is between two times in Excel?
In Excel, how could you check if a specific time is between two given times? To check them one by one will waste lots of time, here, I will introduce some simple formulas to solve this job.
For example, I have two columns of times which are start time and end time in column A and column B separately, now I want to check if the time in column C is between the time range in column A and column B as below screenshot shown:
The following formulas may help you to identify if the specific time is between two times, please do as this:
Enter any one of the following formulas into a blank cell beside your data where you want to output the result:
And then drag the fill handle down to the cells which you want to apply this formula, and the time if between the given two times has been identified, if it is between two times, a Yes will be displayed, if is not between the two times, a No will be displayed, see screenshot:
Note: In the above formulas, C2 is the specific time you want to check, and A2 and B2 are the cells contain the two times that you want to check based on.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoI am in need of assistance. I have been pulling my hair out over the last month trying to figure out a way to make my life simpler. I am not even sure if it can be done because I can not find anything on how to do it. My problem is this........ I recently started using a new program to collect data for incoming and outgoing employees. The data readers are sensitive and will sometimes account for an employee multiple times over the course of a couple of minutes. when I export this data into an excel file, it is an absolute nightmare trying to individually delete the extra captures. Using the remove duplicates option helps, but still leaves many duplicate times due to the Seconds in the time being different. Today for example after I removed the duplicates, I still have over 24,000 unique entries that I have to go through to get that data I need. Someone, anyone..... please Help!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoI am trying to calculate time per day for example I went to the computer lab and logged in for 4hours&35minutes on Monday and Tuesday I logged in on for 2 hours and 10 minutes and Wednesday 3hours and 4 minutes and Thursday for 4 hours and 14 minutes and Friday 1 hour and 15 minutes. Add those total together and get a grand total. I want to be able to keep every minute. No rounding, I know that I have to use the IF function.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoHelp me in this, as if there is some time ranges in a day and i have to find out time clashing is there or not. then please suggest some formula!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHello I have to find my specific time is in between two times...eg : Start time(AS2) is 23:00:00 and End time(AT2) is 8:00:00, specific time(J2) is 0:02:20, so when i use the formula =IF(AND(J2>=MIN(AS2:AT2),J2<=MAX(AS2:AT2)),"YES","NO") it should show yes as its in between tow times only but its showing no, any help in correcting the formula ?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoHi Santosh, That is similar to my use,I use something along the lines of;
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoHi Silver,
The formula doesn't work. If I have to enter "13:00" (hours) in each row, why there is formula, this is not making the job any easier.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIf your time over midnight, you should apply the below formula:
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIn the above formula, C1 is the specific time you want to check for, and the TIME(23,0,0) and TIME(8,0,0) are the two times you want to check between. You should change the references to your need.
Please try it, hope it can help you!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI have two times here 23:00:00(AS2 Start Time) and 8:00:00(AT2 End Time) and specific time is 0:02:20(J2), so when i use this formula =IF(AND(J2>=MIN(AS2:AT2),J2<=MAX(AS2:AT2)),"YES","NO"), it should come as yes as the specific time is in between our two start and end time but its showing no..any help in correcting this formula
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThis isn't working for me when the specific time is =NOW() to display the current time. Any suggestions?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHello, Nikkii,
If you enter =now() function to get the current date and time, both date and time are displayed, if you need a formula to get the current time dynamically, you can apply this formula: =MOD(NOW(),1), and then format it as time format. And then, you can use the formula in this article successfully.
Please try, hope it can help you!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThis doesn't work if you are checking between time values that go after midnight. For example, the formula will return a false if you are checking if 1AM is between 10 PM to 3 AM.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi, chris,
If your time over midnight, you should apply the below formula:
In the above formula, C1 is the specific time you want to check for, and the TIME(22,0,0) and TIME(3,0,0) are the two times you want to check between. You should change the references to your need.
Please try it, hope it can help you!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoI have these examp. can somebody help as I could not connect with right formula.S time E time Adex time Exact( want to check if this is falling under s and e time or not)18:30 00:29 20:23:02
18:30 00:29 20:22:01
18:30 00:29 23:16:18
18:30 00:29 23:49:10
17:30 00:29 18:03:06
17:30 00:29 18:19:15
17:30 00:29 18:36:24
17:30 00:29 18:06:35
17:30 00:29 18:22:46
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoHey, if i have the time i eant to check (02:00) is between 15:00 (in the day before) and 06:30. The mod function dosent work, it cant reed the time after 00:00.
What else can i do?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI have 3 times (arrival, process and departure) which may span midnight, that I want to calculate the difference between. I am getting an error when I try to calculate the time between process and departure where the process is before midnight and the departure is after. For example my arrival time is 21:00, my process time is 23:00 and my departure time is 03:00 the difference should be 4 hours but I'm getting an error. I am using the following formula as I want to highlight where the process time is after the departure time =IF(ISBLANK(G3),"N/A",IF(E3=G3,"PROCESS TIME EQUALS DEPARTURE TIME",IF(E3>G3,E3-G3,IF(E3<G3,"PROCESS TIME AFTER DEPARTURE TIME")))) where E3 is my departure time and G3 is my process time. Any guidance gratefully received.