How to always keep a chart in view when scrolling in Excel?
If there is a chart inserted in a sheet, while you scrolling the sheet down to view the data, the chart cannot be viewed at the same time as below screenshot shown, which must be nasty. In this article, I introduce a VBA code to keep a chart always in view even though scrolling the sheet down or up.
Always keep a chart in view
Always keep a chart in view
To retain a chart in view while scrolling sheet, you can apply below VBA code to solve it.
1. Right click at sheet tab that you want to keep the chart visible, and click View Code form the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the popping Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, paste below code to the blank script.
VBA: Keep chart always in view
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim CPos As Double
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
CPos = ActiveWindow.ScrollRow * ActiveCell.RowHeight
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 2").Top = CPos
ActiveWindow.Visible = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
3. Save and close the dialog, then the chart will be moved down or up as you clicking at any cell.
(1) In the VBA code, Chart 2 is the chart name you want to keep in view, you can change it as you need.
(2) This VBA cannot always keep a group of charts in view.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!