How to create a chart with date and time on X axis in Excel?
In Excel, we usually insert a chart to better describe the data. But in some cases, when you create a column/bar/line chart based on a series of date and time, the X axis of the chart may be shown as below screenshot. And in this article, I introduce the way for how to show the date and time on X axis correctly in the Chart.
To display the date and time correctly, you only need to change an option in the Format Axis dialog.
1. Right click at the X axis in the chart, and select Format Axis from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Format Axis pane or Format Axis dialog, under Axis Options tab, check Text axis option in the Axis Type section. See screenshot:
If you use the excel version later than 2010, you can see a Format Axis pane pops out, and check Text axis option under Axis Type in the Axis Options group.
3. Click Close or go back to the chart, then then date and time data has been correctly display in the X axis. See screenshot:
Create a speedometer chart with two steps！
|Sometimes, you may want to use a speedometer chart to display the pricessing of a project, but in Excel, to create a speedometer chart needs many steps which is complex and wasting time. Here, the Speedometer chart tool in Kutools for Excel can help you create a standard speedometer chart by two simplesteps. Download this tool with free 30-day trial now.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!