How to convert image URLs to actual images in Excel?
If you have a list of image URL addresses in column A, and now, you want to download the corresponding pictures from the URLs and display them into the adjacent column B as left screenshot shown. In Excel, how could you extract the actual pictures from the image URLs quickly and easily?
The following VBA code can help you quickly extract the actual images from the image URL addresses, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Convert the image URLs to actual images:
Sub URLPictureInsert() Dim Pshp As Shape Dim xRg As Range Dim xCol As Long On Error Resume Next Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set Rng = ActiveSheet.Range("A2:A5") For Each cell In Rng filenam = cell ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert(filenam).Select Set Pshp = Selection.ShapeRange.Item(1) If Pshp Is Nothing Then GoTo lab xCol = cell.Column + 1 Set xRg = Cells(cell.Row, xCol) With Pshp .LockAspectRatio = msoFalse If .Width > xRg.Width Then .Width = xRg.Width * 2 / 3 If .Height > xRg.Height Then .Height = xRg.Height * 2 / 3 .Top = xRg.Top + (xRg.Height - .Height) / 2 .Left = xRg.Left + (xRg.Width - .Width) / 2 End With lab: Set Pshp = Nothing Range("A2").Select Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and all corresponding pictures have been extracted from the image URLs to the adjacent column at once, and the images will be placed at the center of your specific cells, see screenshot:
If you are not familiar with the VBA code or want to remedy the limitation of the above code, Kutools for Excel's Insert Pictures form Path(URL) feature can help you to quickly insert the cprresponding images based on the URL addresses or specific path in your computer as below screenshot shown. Click to download Kutools for Excel!
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Click Kutools > Insert > Insert Pictures form Path(URL), in the popped out dialog box, please set the following operations, see screenshots:
2. Then, click Ok button, and the pictures will be extracted from the URLs, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!