How to calculate age from ID number in Excel?
Supposing, you have a list of ID numbers which contain 13 digit numbers, and the first 6 numbers is the birth date. For example, the ID number 9808020181286 means the birth date is 1998/08/02. How could you get the age from ID number as following screenshot shown quickly in Excel?
Calculate age based on birthday date:
Kutools for Excel contains a powerful Formulas utility which collects some commonly used formulas can help you do some usual calculations quickly and easy, such as calculate age, add years, months, days to date, sum absolute values etc.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To calculate age from ID number, the following formula can help you. Please do as this:
Enter this formula:
=DATEDIF(DATE(IF(LEFT(A2,2)>TEXT(TODAY(),"YY"),"19"&LEFT(A2,2),"20"&LEFT(A2,2)),MID(A2,3,2),MID(A2,5,2)),TODAY(),"y") into a blank cell where you want to calculate the age, and then drag the fill handle down to the cells you want to apply this formula, and the ages have been calculated from the ID numbers at once, see screenshot:
1. In the above formula, A2 is the cell contains the ID number you want to calculate the age based on.
2. With the above formula, if the year is less that current year it will be considered as 20, if year is greater than current year will be considered as 19. For instance, if this year is 2016, the ID number 1209132310091’s birth date is 2012/09/13; the ID number 3902172309334’s birth date is 1939/02/17.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoCuál es la formula en español???
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoU are so cool. Can get two ic for we
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agovery cool, works