How to highlight the cells linked by hyperlinks in Excel?
If there are some hyperlinks linked to the same worksheet or workbook, now, I need the destination cell of the clicked hyperlink to be filled in a color to stand out the linked cell, when another hyperlink is clicked, the first goes back to normal as below screenshot shown. Is this possible to be solved in Excel?
Normally, there is no direct way for us to highlight the destination cells which linked by hyperlinks, but, the following VBA code may help you, please do as this:
1. Right click the sheet tab that you want to highlight the destination cells which linked by hyperlinks, then choose View Code from the context menu, and in the opened Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window, copy and paste the following code into the blank Module:
VBA code: Highlight cells linked by hyperlinks:
Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink) 'Updateby Extendoffice Dim i As Long For i = 1 To ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Count Sheets(i).UsedRange.Interior.ColorIndex = -4142 Next ActiveSheet.Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = red Selection.Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 End Sub
2. Then save and close this code, now, when you click a hyperlink cell, the destination linked cell will be highlighted at once, when click another hyperlink, the first one goes back to normal.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!