How to remove numbers from cells which containing texts and numbers in Excel?
This article is talking about removing all numbers from cells which containing texts and numbers, and keep only the texts in these cells as below screenshot shown.
The following User-defined function can help you to remove all numbers from cells and keep only texts. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Remove numbers from cells which containing texts and numbers
Function OnlyRemoveNumbers(strTxt As String) As String Application.ScreenUpdating = False With CreateObject("VBScript.RegExp") .Global = True .Pattern = "[0-9]" OnlyRemoveNumbers = .Replace(strTxt, "") End With Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Function
3. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. Select a blank cell, enter formula =OnlyRemoveNumbers(A2) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key to get the result. Keep selecting the result cell, drag its Fill Handle down to get all results. See screenshot:
You can use the Remove Characters utility of Kutools for Excel to easily remove all numbers from selected cells, and keep only texts.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the cells you need to remove numbers and keep texts only, then click Kutools > Text > Remove Characters. See screenshot:
2. In the Remove Characters dialog box, only check the Numeric box in the Remove Characters section, and then click the OK button.
Then all numbers are removed from the selected range, and only the texts are kept.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!