How to remove only text from cells that containing numbers and texts in Excel?
As below screenshot shown, for those cells mixed with numbers and texts, how to remove all texts and keep only numbers in cells? Methods in this article can help you.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can also use the below User-defined function to remove texts from specified cells and keep numbers only.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Remove only text from cells that containing numbers and texts
Function OnlyNums(strWord As String) Dim strChar As String Dim x As Integer Dim strTemp As String strTemp = "" Application.ScreenUpdating = False For x = 1 To Len(strWord) strChar = Mid(strWord, x, 1) If Asc(strChar) >= 48 And _ Asc(strChar) <= 57 Then strTemp = strTemp & strChar End If Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True OnlyNums = Val(strTemp) End Function Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:B10")) Is Nothing Then Cancel = True End Sub
3. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. Select a blank cell, enter formula =OnlyNums(A2) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key to get the result. Keep selecting the result cell, drag its Fill Handle down to get all results. See screenshot:
Note: In the formula. A2 is the cell you will remove texts and keep only numbers. Please change it as you need.
Now you can see all texts are removed and only numbers are kept in specified cells.
This section will recommend the Remove Characters utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can remove all non-numeric characters from cells by just several click, and keep only numbers in cells. Please do as follows.
1. Select the cells you need to remove texts and keep numbers only, then click Kutools > Text > Remove Characters. See screenshot:
2. In the Remove Characters dialog box, only check the Non-numeric box, and then click the OK button.
Then all non-numeric characters (texts) are removed from selected cells immediately as below screenshot shown.
Another utility – EXTRACTNUMBERS of Kutools for Excel can also help you to easily remove all texts from cells and keep only numbers.
1. Select a blank cell to locate the result, click Kutools > Kutools Functions > Text > EXTRACTNUMBERS. See screenshot:
2. In the Function Arguments dialog box, please select the cell contains texts you need to remove in the Txt box, and then click the OK button.
3. Keep selecting the result cell, drag its Fill Handle down to get all results as below screenshot shown.