How to remove only text from cells that containing numbers and texts in Excel?
As below screenshot shown, for those cells mixed with numbers and texts, how to remove all texts and keep only numbers in cells? Methods in this article can help you.
You can also use the below User-defined function to remove texts from specified cells and keep numbers only.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Remove only text from cells that containing numbers and texts
Function OnlyNums(strWord As String) Dim strChar As String Dim x As Integer Dim strTemp As String strTemp = "" Application.ScreenUpdating = False For x = 1 To Len(strWord) strChar = Mid(strWord, x, 1) If Asc(strChar) >= 48 And _ Asc(strChar) <= 57 Then strTemp = strTemp & strChar End If Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True OnlyNums = Val(strTemp) End Function Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:B10")) Is Nothing Then Cancel = True End Sub
3. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. Select a blank cell, enter formula =OnlyNums(A2) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key to get the result. Keep selecting the result cell, drag its Fill Handle down to get all results. See screenshot:
Note: In the formula. A2 is the cell you will remove texts and keep only numbers. Please change it as you need.
Now you can see all texts are removed and only numbers are kept in specified cells.
This section will recommend the Remove Characters utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can remove all non-numeric characters from cells by just several click, and keep only numbers in cells. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the cells you need to remove texts and keep numbers only, then click Kutools > Text > Remove Characters.
2. In the Remove Characters dialog box, only check the Non-numeric box, and then click the OK button.
Then all non-numeric characters (texts) are removed from selected cells immediately as below screenshot shown.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!