How to create multiple worksheets from a list of cell values?
Are there any quick or easy methods for us to create multiple worksheets based on a list of cell values in Excel? In this article, I will talk about some good tricks to solve this job.
To quickly create multiple new worksheets which named with a list of cell values, the following VBA code can help you.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Create multiple worksheets from a list of cells:
Sub AddSheets() 'Updateby Extendoffice Dim xRg As Excel.Range Dim wSh As Excel.Worksheet Dim wBk As Excel.Workbook Set wSh = ActiveSheet Set wBk = ActiveWorkbook Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each xRg In wSh.Range("A1:A7") With wBk .Sheets.Add after:=.Sheets(.Sheets.Count) On Error Resume Next ActiveSheet.Name = xRg.Value If Err.Number = 1004 Then Debug.Print xRg.Value & " already used as a sheet name" End If On Error GoTo 0 End With Next xRg Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
Note: In the above code, A1:A7 is the cell range that you want to create sheets based on, please change it to your need.
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and the new sheets have been created after all sheets in current workbook, see screenshot:
If you are not skilled with the above code, here is a handy tool-Kutools for Excel, with its Create Sequence Worksheets function, the worksheets will be created based on the cell values in a new workbook.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Click Kutools Plus > Worksheet > Create Sequence Worksheets, see screenshot:
2. In the Create Sequence Worksheets dialog box:
(1.) Select one worksheet that you want to create sequence worksheets based on;
(2.) Then select Data in a range option from the Sheet names based on list box, and click button to select the cell values that you want to use.
3. And then click Ok button, the worksheets have been created with the names of the cell values in a new workbook, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)